Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremiah Wood
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One says he wins standoffs.
The other says if you lose a combat, roll a die.
On 4-6 the battle is a standoff.
Both cards are in the City Expansion.
Discuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mico Selva
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO if thing 'A' wins standoffs then achieving a standoff on a 4-6 roll will mean that 'A' wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Eastoe
United Kingdom
Martock
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toleezu wrote:
Discuss.

If the Bounty Hunter fights another character in battle (or psychic combat) and the result is a standoff, then the Bounty Hunter wins.

If the Bounty Hunter fights another character in battle and loses, he may roll for the Plate Mail. If he rolls 4-6 he does not lose a life (it is treated like other types of Armour in that it is considered a standoff but not for the purposes of the Bounty Hunter).

Ell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Wood
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why didn't they word Full Plate that way? It specifically states the battle becomes a stand off, whereas regular Armor states that it only prevents life loss.

Now, extra credit: A Bounty Hunter with no Magic Weapon and a Living statue walk into a bar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodenough
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
We Make FUN
mbmbmbmbmb
talismanamsilat wrote:
Toleezu wrote:
Discuss.

If the Bounty Hunter fights another character in battle (or psychic combat) and the result is a standoff, then the Bounty Hunter wins.

If the Bounty Hunter fights another character in battle and loses, he may roll for the Plate Mail. If he rolls 4-6 he does not lose a life (it is treated like other types of Armour in that it is considered a standoff but not for the purposes of the Bounty Hunter).

Ell.

Actually the Bounty Hunter works as it is printed on the character card. If the Bounty Hunter has a stand-off during battle or psychic combat, he wins the attack instead. It doesn't matter if the Bounty Hunter is the attacker or was attacked by another character, he always wins stand-offs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Wood
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So now that more people are chiming in, and I do so love stirring a pot.

So now my bounty hunter is fighting a Wild Boar and another player casts Resurrection.

How does this play out?

Discussions are best when thought processes are laid out, rather than adjudicated solely in the brain and ruling dispensed. I love it when people say what they think and back it up with a reason.

I could say for example: "Well I don't think you can force an outcome change more than once in an encounter. The Druid can't change alignment more than once a turn, so this seems appropriate."
Or I could say: "Plate Mail does say it changes the outcome to Stand off. Bounty Hunter says he wins stand offs. This looks like a logical chain."
For Fun I can say: "Well, when an unarmed Bounty Hunter and a Living Statue enter the bar, they have waaaaaaay too many drinks and keep the patrons (players) up all night. So it's best to just start a new game... the Bounty Hunter will need a designated driver though, so you can leave him back at his apartment!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodenough
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
We Make FUN
mbmbmbmbmb
Toleezu wrote:

Discussions are best when thought processes are laid out, rather than adjudicated solely in the brain and ruling dispensed. I love it when people say what they think and back it up with a reason.

The intent of the design for the Bounty Hunter is that he always wins stand-offs. Always. It doesn't matter how the stand-off was created, it always results with the Bounty Hunter winning instead.
- If the Bounty Hunter defeats a Wild Boar and another player casts Resurrection, he wins the attack instead.
- If the Bounty Hunter rolls a 4-6 with Full Plate, he wins the attack instead.
- If the Bounty Hunter defeats a Living Statue without a magic weapon, he wins the attack instead.
- If the Bounty Hunter defeats a Cave Troll and it regenerates, he wins the attack instead.

When it comes to stand-offs, the Bounty Hunter is the ultimate tiebreaker!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Eastoe
United Kingdom
Martock
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Geek wrote:
Toleezu wrote:

The intent of the design for the Bounty Hunter is that he always wins stand-offs. Always. It doesn't matter how the stand-off was created, it always results with the Bounty Hunter winning instead.
- If the Bounty Hunter defeats a Wild Boar and another player casts Resurrection, he wins the attack instead.
- If the Bounty Hunter rolls a 4-6 with Full Plate, he wins the attack instead.
- If the Bounty Hunter defeats a Living Statue without a magic weapon, he wins the attack instead.
- If the Bounty Hunter defeats a Cave Troll and it regenerates, he wins the attack instead.

When it comes to stand-offs, the Bounty Hunter is the ultimate tiebreaker!

OMG, really powerful ability then!!!

Ell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Wood
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing!!!!! My play group is already in love with the City and the BH in particular. They are going to have a field day of joy!
Ahhhhhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahha rofl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Eastoe
United Kingdom
Martock
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Geek wrote:
talismanamsilat wrote:
Toleezu wrote:
Discuss.

Ell.

Actually the Bounty Hunter works as it is printed on the character card. If the Bounty Hunter has a stand-off during battle or psychic combat, he wins the attack instead. It doesn't matter if the Bounty Hunter is the attacker or was attacked by another character, he always wins stand-offs.

I take it that the Amazon can fight a second battle against the Bounty Hunter if she loses the battle (or a standoff that turns into a loss)?

Can characters still pay a fate to reroll their attack roll if they lose a battle against the Bounty Hunter?

Regards,

Elliott.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.