New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Update, March 25, 2013.
Posted by Kerry B:

Quote:
On March 24th, I lost my best friend – the one I laughed with, lived for and loved.

Todd passed away Sunday morning after a more than heroic fight against the most aggressive cancer that these doctors have ever seen. He is now at peace and no longer in pain. He will be terribly missed.

This community did a more than great job showing your support and bringing smiles to Todd's face. For this, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

He was very proud of Zombies!!! It's not a game for everyone, but its a great game - one that was designed out of love for the genre and love for the industry. Hopefully, the game will stand the test of time and he will continue to touch people's lives.

A very sincere thank you for all of the well wishes, cards and support.

Kerry

FINAL UPDATE:
Thank you, everyone.

When I was speaking with Kerry early on about this, I knew Todd was in really, really bad shape.

I knew we couldn't get this game to number 1 in time.

But that wasn't the point.

The point was - fight.

The point was - cheer.

The point was - in the face of an insurmountable challenge, that's when you learn who you are. Do you give up because something is difficult? Or do you push on?

Todd took comfort from this thread. That's what mattered. If we were able to bring a smile to that family, that's what matters.

I would ask that everyone return and remove their ratings. This fight is done. It was never about the ratings. It was about that pat on the back. It is time to rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS.

Zombies!!!

Love it or hate it, its everywhere.

Designer Todd Breitenstein is fighting cancer which just hit stage IV in his lungs. More detail here: http://www.twilightcreationsinc.com/en/index.html

Guys, if we could do it for a dumb pony game, we can do it here.

They say spirit and attitude are a major factor in battling cancer.

Go to the Zombies!!! page, rate it a 10.

Don't care about the ratings. Care about supporting someone who needs it.

Let's get it to Number one for a few days.

UPDATE: After about 18 hours, we've managed to push the rating from the high 5000s Wednesday afternoon to the high 2000s on Tuesday morning. This is excellent.

Please feel free to repost this anywhere.

UPDATE: Here's a note from Kerry Breitenstein later in this thread and I don't want it to get lost

Quote:
This is tremendously touching (more than words can say). I will make sure Todd visits the thread. Thank you so much for your support through such a hard time! This will indeed help his mood!!!

UPDATE: Going into the second morning of the effort, Zombies now stands at 1499! Over 4000 places of improvement in less than 2 days. Mathematically, each position gets harder to crawl over, but get your friends, tell everyone. This thread is easy to miss and so many people don't log on every day (I don't know why...)

UPDATE: Special thanks to Barry Hood for designing the microbadge: mb. Click it to buy it.

UPDATE: Morning 3 see us at 1149. Whew. Tough uphill battle guys. Not as tough as what Todd's got. This thread alone won't get us there. Talk to your guilds, your friends, anyone who might help.

UPDATE: Kerry drops by again to say:
Quote:
We are well humbled. This is the worst thing that could possibly happen to us, and to see so much support for Todd makes me speechless... It has been a bad week for Todd, and I have been at such a loss as to what to do to raise his spirits. And here you all are!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Anything to bring a smile to his face makes our world a better place for us right now.

No worries about the negative comments. We got a chuckle out of them.

UPDATE: 962 on morning 4! WOOOOWWWWW! This is great! Let's keep this going, tell everyone who can help, spread the word! Get everyone you can to lend a hand!

UPDATE: 859 going into the weekend!

We all knew it would slow down and get tougher at the top. Dont stop spreading the word. I'm hoping all the 'weekend BGGers' give us a solid boost.

UPDATE: Monday sees us at 715 (It didn't update on Sunday...)

UPDATE: Tuesday and we're at 657, an improvement of over 5000 places from when we started.

UPDATE: It's been a week now. 604. Tell anyone you think can help. Whether its a blog owner, or a friend on site who has not changed their rating. Do what you can.

UPDATE: Day 8 - 545! Trends would have said much worse. There must be a lot of help coming from outside blogs and sites, like Steve Jackson Games.

UPDATE: An excerpt from a longer post by Kerry on page 29 of this thread:

Quote:
I truly want you to know that no matter what happens, it means a lot to Todd (and the rest of the family) that there is so much support in the community - a community we have been a part of for over 15 years.

If you wish to further support, instead of monetary donations, I would suggest going out and buying one of our games. Have some fun. That's what we would like the most because that's our purpose with Twilight Creations - having fun.

UPDATE:493!

I have no idea how we're still advancing at this pace. Whatever you're doing to spread the word, spread on!

UPDATE: 479.

Uh oh.

That's a huge putting on of the brakes there...

UPDATE: 470. Looks like we're coming to the end. Maybe a last weekend boost... If you can direct any more traffic here, please do so.

UPDATE: 459. Better, but still a crawl now.

UPDATE: 447. Still moving along...

UPDATE: 443. ouch... Kerry assures me Todd is drawing a few smiles and a little bit of strength from the support shown in this thread and the outpouring from this community. Carry on, zombie army. If you can get one more person each to change their rating and drop a note of support, that would be awesome.

UPDATE: 439. Its like trudging through deep snow now...

UPDATE: 434. And it actually did snow here in NY last night.

UPDATE: 426 this morning. Not too shabby.

UPDATE: 418 on Monday! Wow...

UPDATE: (3/25) Aldie and I are in agreement that this campaign will continue. Obviously, our discussions are private, but I will stress the last line he said to me, to calm some fears : "there's no damage to BGG." Carry on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teh Slipperboy

Allen Park
Michigan
msg tools
Wouldn't want to disappoint Frumpish...
mbmb
Re: IMPORTANT: Show some real community support
That's a great idea Paul.

Geosphere wrote:
Zombies!!!

Love it or hate it, its everywhere.

Designer Todd Breitenstein is fighting cancer which just hit stage IV in his lungs. More detail here: http://www.twilightcreationsinc.com/en/index.html

Guys, if we could do it for a dumb pony game, we can do it here.

Go to the Zombies!!! page, rate it a 10.

Don't care about the ratings. Care about supporting someone who needs it.

Let's get it to Number one for a few days.

UPDATE: After about 18 hours, we've managed to push the rating from the high 5000s Wednesday afternoon to the high 2000s on Tuesday morning. This is excellent.

Please feel free to repost this anywhere.

UPDATE: Here's a note from Kerry Breitenstein later in this thread and I don't want it to get lost

Quote:
This is tremendously touching (more than words can say). I will make sure Todd visits the thread. Thank you so much for your support through such a hard time! This will indeed help his mood!!!

UPDATE: Going into the second morning of the effort, Zombies now stands at 1499! Over 4000 places of improvement in less than 2 days. Mathematically, each position gets harder to crawl over, but get your friends, tell everyone. This thread is easy to miss and so many people don't log on every day (I don't know why...)

UPDATE: Special thanks to Barry Hood for designing the microbadge: mb. Click it to buy it.

UPDATE: Morning 3 see us at 1149. Whew. Tough uphill battle guys. Not as tough as what Todd's got. This thread alone won't get us there. Talk to your guilds, your friends, anyone who might help.

UPDATE: Kerry drops by again to say:
Quote:
We are well humbled. This is the worst thing that could possibly happen to us, and to see so much support for Todd makes me speechless... It has been a bad week for Todd, and I have been at such a loss as to what to do to raise his spirits. And here you all are!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Anything to bring a smile to his face makes our world a better place for us right now.

No worries about the negative comments. We got a chuckle out of them.

UPDATE: 962 on morning 4! WOOOOWWWWW! This is great! Let's keep this going, tell everyone who can help, spread the word! Get everyone you can to lend a hand!

UPDATE: 859 going into the weekend!

We all knew it would slow down and get tougher at the top. Dont stop spreading the word. I'm hoping all the 'weekend BGGers' give us a solid boost.

UPDATE: Monday sees us at 715 (It didn't update on Sunday...)

UPDATE: Tuesday and we're at 657, an improvement of over 5000 places from when we started.

UPDATE: It's been a week now. 604. Tell anyone you think can help. Whether its a blog owner, or a friend on site who has not changed their rating. Do what you can.

UPDATE: Day 8 - 545! Trends would have said much worse. There must be a lot of help coming from outside blogs and sites, like Steve Jackson Games.

UPDATE: An excerpt from a longer post by Kerry on page 29 of this thread:

Quote:
I truly want you to know that no matter what happens, it means a lot to Todd (and the rest of the family) that there is so much support in the community - a community we have been a part of for over 15 years.

If you wish to further support, instead of monetary donations, I would suggest going out and buying one of our games. Have some fun. That's what we would like the most because that's our purpose with Twilight Creations - having fun.

UPDATE:493!

I have no idea how we're still advancing at this pace. Whatever you're doing to spread the word, spread on!

UPDATE: 479.

Uh oh.

That's a huge putting on of the brakes there...

UPDATE: 470. Looks like we're coming to the end. Maybe a last weekend boost... If you can direct any more traffic here, please do so.

UPDATE: 459. Better, but still a crawl now.

UPDATE: 447. Still moving along...

UPDATE: 443. ouch... Kerry assures me Todd is drawing a few smiles and a little bit of strength from the support shown in this thread and the outpouring from this community. Carry on, zombie army. If you can get one more person each to change their rating and drop a note of support, that would be awesome.

UPDATE: 439. Its like trudging through deep snow now...

UPDATE: 434. And it actually did snow here in NY last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Done. Fight the good fight, Todd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Hjelme
Norway
Arendal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
:I hate Zombies but I will support Todd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quelf elf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done--great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Done and done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our prayers are with Todd and his family.

Zombies are great anyway, done!

Edit: I'm an idiot. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sartorial
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done. God bless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Groeneweg
United States
Clear Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already had it a 9, so not a big stretch for me. Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done.

One of my first non-wargames.

Many a fun times had playing this game with friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I could give it an 11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. Lets keep this going
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Bacher
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I actually own this game and like it. Just spent an embarasing amount of time trying to figure out how to rate it to no avail.

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Thanks guys. Lets keep this going

I shared your post with the folks over on the Google+ Board Game Community, so hopefully it will get spread a little further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How about another game like Award Show which has fewer ratings and is easier to move up? We can say he deserves an award for a lifetime of game design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
How about another game like Award Show which has fewer ratings and is easier to move up? We can say he deserves an award for a lifetime of game design.

That's taking the easy way out. Zombies is his iconic game.

I have no doubt at all that this can be done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
A Geeklist might stay longer on the front page than a forum thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
A Geeklist might stay longer on the front page than a forum thread.

Actually, I'm thinking we might get this pinned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Zombies!!!

That is very true. Anything to help should be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter E. Kurtz
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He'd better really be sick, I fucking hate this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rikardob wrote:
I actually own this game and like it. Just spent an embarasing amount of time trying to figure out how to rate it to no avail.

:robot:

1. Click on the link to the game in the OP.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
3. Click on "Record Information."
4. Click on the box next to "Rating:" and select 10.
5. Fight cancer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [50] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.