Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I use ES on a price of ICE that was rezzed and hosted by OAI, does the OAI continue to host the ICE? If so, in order to rez it again, would the corp need to pay full cost (including an agenda for Archer)? Also, would it still retain the original clause of OAI even when now paid for in full (I.e. trash when all subroutines broken in one run)?

In other words, would this.be the ultimate bane of Archer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip von Doomula
United States
Gray
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:
If I use ES on a price of ICE that was rezzed and hosted by OAI, does the OAI continue to host the ICE? If so, in order to rez it again, would the corp need to pay full cost (including an agenda for Archer)? Also, would it still retain the original clause of OAI even when now paid for in full (I.e. trash when all subroutines broken in one run)?

YES.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:

Yep

I love the meta right now with the big ice/big ice killer/derezzer dichotomy that is there. It's interesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold Jakubowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:

Why not rez it again with another Oversight AI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donmakaron wrote:
atomheartmother wrote:

Because then when its subroutines were broken it would die TWICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beelzeben wrote:
donmakaron wrote:
atomheartmother wrote:

Because then when its subroutines were broken it would die TWICE.

Undead ice? zombiezombiezombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
donmakaron wrote:
atomheartmother wrote:

You could if you have both another Archer and Oversight AI if you have both in hand at around the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:

Emergency Shutdown derezzes a currently rezzed piece of ICE.

Oversight AI is hosted as a 'condition counter' by the ICE, not the other way around. Counters do not depend on rez/derez state of their host, so the Oversite AI condition counter would remain hosted on the ICE in question.

If the Corp rezzes the ICE again (meeting whatever costs necessary to do so), the OAI token will still be present.

-=-=-

The same is true for Woodcutter/Tyrant advancement tokens if that ICE gets derezzed, or hosting of a Parasite, or anything else that can get hosted by ICE cards in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
Trumpy, you can do stupid things!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the many reasons I stopped splashing Archer into corp decks. I love that ice but the cost is not worth it ATM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.