Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fernando Muñoz broke the news that 4chan (shudder) is claiming to have spoilers on Future Proof. Rather than clutter up the NBN ID speculation thread Guessing the NBN Identity, I will extract some of the more juicy bits from the site: http://boards.4chan.org/tg/res/24906936
NOTE: I make no claims to the veracity of these spoilers. I do not have the cards and cannot confirm any of this, it is heresy until proven otherwise.

THE NEW NBN ID:
"the new NBN ID is: Whenever a run ends unsuccessfully the Runner must pay 1 [credits] or take a Tag."
~~Meh. Considering how porous NBN ICE is and the complete lack of synergy with Bernice Mai... I guess it would make Data Raven a beast to deal with. Either take a tag and get taxed a click and 2 credits to clear or get taxed 1 credit to jack out and avoid.

THE NEW NBN UPGRADE:
"...The other NBN card is an upgrade that takes 2 to Rez and reads 'Each time a Runner breaks a subroutine while running this server the Corp gains 1 [credits]' with a 8 trash cost."
~~YUM! Yes please. No word if it is a Region or unique. Suddenly an advanced woodcutter becomes a money making machine. In fact all the woodcutter-esque ICE get a second look if this card turns out to be true.

THE NEW JINTEKI UPGRADE:
"The other Jinteki card is an upgrade that reads "When a runner encounters an ICE on this server you can trash this card to swap that ICE with another Rezed ICE on any server"
~~Need more info. What does it cost to rez? You are robbing Peter to pay Paul here (you are weakening the other server to smack the runner right now), but it would be a great way to get a second bite at a surprise hit with some nasty ICE.

THE NEW NEUTRAL RUNNER CARD:
"White Hat, it is an Job Event that costs 0 to use and gives 9 Credits and a tag."
~~My "I don't care about no stinkin' tags" Gabe deck would use this. Depends is there is a cost for this or not. If it is 0 cost, sure. Just make sure I got plascrete up and running when I do it.

THE NEW ANARCH ? CARD:
"The Big One: Whenever you successively run on R&D place a Virus counter on this card. When it has 5 or more Virus counters it gains 'Trash: Trash X cards from the top of R&D. X is the number of Virus counters on this card'.
~~This better be something I can kill. If this is hardware or even a program (shudder). It better not be a damn virus to boot.

THE NEW ANARCH EVENT CARD:
"Bunker Buster: Run Event 5 Cost. Make a run on a Remote Server, if successful trash all cards installed on this server ignoring all costs, even if they can't normally be trashed."
~~Hmmmmm. I need to read the rules again because if this kills installed ICE, Upgrades, and Assets... I want one of these in my runner deck. That pretty super server you just built is going to be ashes. You trash all installed cards when you it the successful run threshold. Bernice Mai just died in fire. Your Edge of the World just fell off the map. This card makes Jinteki cry.
NOTE: This evidently is a reprint of the ONR card of the same name:

THE NEW SHAPER HARDWARE(?):
"R&D Interface: More or less HQ Interface for R&D."
~~UGH! No cost info so not sure how gross this is. Stack it with Maker's Eye and/or Medium to get that really, really big dig. I am going to ICE my R&D deep.

THE NEW SHAPER EVENT:
"Custom Rig: 2 Cost Event: Install up to 4 programs or hardware paying all costs."
~~Wow. Not sure how you get this to work as a shaper but this might work really nice in Andromeda.

THE NEW HB ICE:
"Loki 1.0: 10 Str Code Gate-Bioroid: 20 Rez Cost.
-> The Runner Shuffles their Grip and Heep into their Stack.
-> Deal 1 Brain Damage
-> Trash a Program
-> Trash a Program
-> End the Run
~~ 20 Rez? Its a bioroid, but where is the use a Click to break sub line. Oversite on this one would be sick. Then again I could get my heap back into my grip on a first click run, and click to stop the brain damage and program trashes."

THE NEW HB ASSET:
"Resilient Grid: Asset, 0 cost to rez: You can Rez in when an ICE is about to be derezed.
3 [Credits] or Trash: Prevent an ICE from being Derezed."
~~Oooooooooo. My Gabe deck will hate this. Surprise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jude Mapp
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm... sceptical. I'd love that NBN ID to be true as it would go a long way to helping economy to allow for consistent rezzing of Tollbooth and Flare. But that Anarch card is just... broken. It surely can't be a virus or it's synergy with Surge would be absurd.
If this is true, Future Proof will be the single most powerful Datapack and throw the Meta completely on it's head.
Seriously, why would you not Oversight Loki? A 10 strength Code gate with 5 sub-routines?

Sceptical player is sceptical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why I dont trust these:

1) Loki is GG. Shuffle your hand into deck and then take 1 brain. lol?

2) "The other NBN card is an upgrade that takes 2 to Rez and reads 'Each time a Runner breaks a subroutine while running this server the Corp gain
1 [credits]' with a 8 trash cost."

Thats utterly and completely broken. 8 trash cost, yeah.
You would have to reverse the rez cost to be 8 and trash 2 for this to be more realistic.

3) Gain $9 and get a tag, costing 0.
Well, if it cost 4, it would be a reprint of the original card Drone for a Day. Which imo, thy should reprint, as is, at some point. Costing 0 instead is just dumb.

Things like this make me feel like some random guy is just making up bullshit, but he is so terrible at netrunner and card design, that he has no clue what would be an utterly broken card, so he just spouts off silly things.

I mean, its possible that its mostly true, but he got a couple things wrong. (Like the rez and trash on that nbn card. And the cost to play the 'get $9 and a tag' card).

However, when spoilers seem kindof BS, an they are being anonymously posted, then I'm definitely not trusting them.

Oh yeah, and he didnt fill out details of the spoilers. Like costs on everything, influence costs, and the rest of the partially spoiled cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmm, I think it is possible these are true. I am checking some numbers with the already spoiled cards to see if it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't trust them either. Where is Burke's Bugs or the 11 point Crim console?

Someone posted that they would be uploading the images to http://netrunnercards.info and DBZero has them already. Um, I thinking this is BS.

If these cards are true (with fuller info) it will be a huge meta shift. I am having trouble believing it.

This was worth wading through the muck on that link.

I will say, if they made moving hologram cards like this, I might be motivated to win a tournament

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If these are true, Anarchs just got a lot scarier overnight. As if they weren't. Destroying a whole server with a successful run? Are you kidding me? Even if you save up the entire game for it it'll be worth it. Crazy. Along with Darwin? What?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Roberts
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a skeptic as well. They say the Shaper cards and R&D interface and custom rig but nothing about deep thought.

Also, that str 10 code gate, I don't know, why would we want ICE that helps out the runner, shuffling heap and grip into the stack.

We shall see.

@Bryan - 11 cost criminal console is supposed to come out in one of the Spin Cycle packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Aurelius
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just no.

The fact it came from 4chan doesn't help either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Even if the spoilers are made up, the fact is that the person at least took alot of time to fit the cards to existing themes. E.g. "Loki 1.0" fits the same Norse mythology as other bioroid ice like Heimdall 1.0/2.0. Therefore you can't just dismiss these spoilers as if they were hastily made up.

I think the numbers of the cards fit the numbers of what has been spoiled so far/what we know is in the set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Aurelius
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Saracenus wrote:
I don't trust them either. Where is Burke's Bugs or the 11 point Crim console?

The Crim console is in the next cycle.

Love the gif
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It'd be easier if someone just posted scans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malvoli0 wrote:
Just no.

The fact it came from 4chan doesn't help either.

LOL. Yeah, I had to steel myself to click on that link. It can get pretty dicey for the faint of heart to venture into 4chan unprepared. That was pretty damn tame (almost family friendly) by 4chan standards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta gif 4chan credit where it's due

(see what I did there?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Gotta gif 4chan credit where it's due

(see what I did there?)

I did, and now I blinded by your PUNishment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the cards look credible if you assume some costs/names might be off and they fit with the number crunch compared to what's already spoiled.

I am fairly sure Bunker Buster doesn't trash ICE, which makes it reasonable for a 5 cost event.

If these are correct then NBN will be beastly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly sure most of these are made up bullshit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
I'm fairly sure most of these are made up bullshit

Figured they were, when I saw that someone was claiming to have scans and that they already sent them to a known deck building site and you DBZero; I figured that its probably is complete BS.

It was still fun to see, but I will have to wait like everyone else until the scans go up sometime late this month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon D
United Kingdom
Deptford
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had fun reading them. Its funny reading peoples BROKEN! responses.

Its just like having a new real data pack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Saracenus wrote:

THE NEW NBN UPGRADE:
"...The other NBN card is an upgrade that takes 2 to Rez and reads 'Each time a Runner breaks a subroutine while running this server the Corp gains 1 [credits]' with a 8 trash cost."
~~YUM! Yes please. No word if it is a Region or unique. Suddenly an advanced woodcutter becomes a money making machine. In fact all the woodcutter-esque ICE get a second look if this card turns out to be true.

I don't think this can be right, because Flare is the last NBN card in this set according the the cardlist theory, right? We know it is 117, and we know the 3 cards after it (Burke's Bugs, DRT and Corp War).

Doesn't that mean there can't be an NBN Upgrade (or Operation)? Might this in fact be an asset (if it's not just all made up...)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jadiel wrote:
Saracenus wrote:

THE NEW NBN UPGRADE:

I don't think this can be right, because Flare is the last NBN card in this set according the the cardlist theory, right? We know it is 117, and we know the 3 cards after it (Burke's Bugs, DRT and Corp War).

Doesn't that mean there can't be an NBN Upgrade (or Operation)? Might this in fact be an asset (if it's not just all made up...)?

If it's an asset, it's just a completely useless thing that's either rezzed to end the run cos there's no point running anymore, or not rezzed to make the runner go "blah" at the end of a run, and to protect upgrades.... Hnh? Edge of World, along with a million traps, does that already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Tuism wrote:
Jadiel wrote:
Saracenus wrote:

THE NEW NBN UPGRADE:

If it's an asset, it's just a completely useless thing that's either rezzed to end the run cos there's no point running anymore, or not rezzed to make the runner go "blah" at the end of a run, and to protect upgrades.... Hnh? Edge of World, along with a million traps, does that already.

So... made up then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the card list theory, this seems to fit perfectly with all the currently unspoiled cards by faction.

And I think the details might be wrong, but White Hat being a reprint of Drone for a Day looks likley, and fits the press release of "something good with tags" as does the Jinteki swapping upgrade.

BUT Where is the Jinteki Trace Snakes ICE from genesis? We are missing that still.

Loki looks pretty amazing, but also weak as if the runner has spare clicks he'll just give them their heap back.

The NBN Identity sounds plausible, giving them an ETR focus rather than a trace focus. Some of the values might be off though (8 trash cost is probably wrong) but nothing in this seems tooo off.

Reprinting Demo Run as Bunker Buster might be a bit off, but it was in original netrunner so its not too far fetched...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonid G
Russia
flag msg tools
I actually believe that this spoiler is close to the real one.

Numbers may be messed up, true.

But card effects themselves are sound.

Quote:
THE NEW NBN ID:
"the new NBN ID is: Whenever a run ends unsuccessfully the Runner must pay 1 [credits] or take a Tag."

Rather boring. Now, if Corp would gain 1c...

Quote:
THE NEW NBN UPGRADE:

This card is OK as a Region upgrade (so no rezzed ChiLo+this combo).
Or maybe even this is not a Region, but another card in ChiLo puzzle?
Trash cost is probably 3, not 8.

Quote:
THE NEW JINTEKI UPGRADE:
"The other Jinteki card is an upgrade that reads "When a runner encounters an ICE on this server you can trash this card to swap that ICE with another Rezed ICE on any server"

Absolutely falls in line with Fantasy Flight Future Proof announcement:
FFG wrote:
...you’ll find tricks built around swapping pieces of ice even as a Runner is jacked into your server.

Also balanced.

Quote:
THE NEW NEUTRAL RUNNER CARD:
"White Hat, it is an Job Event that costs 0 to use and gives 9 Credits and a tag."

I believe it costs 4c like Drone for a Day.

Quote:
THE NEW ANARCH ? CARD:
"The Big One: Whenever you successively run on R&D place a Virus counter on this card. When it has 5 or more Virus counters it gains 'Trash: Trash X cards from the top of R&D. X is the number of Virus counters on this card'.

Also believable. It's essentially "Run R&D 5 times, get 5 additional blind accesses unless Corp Purges", so it's actually weaker than Medium. The binary nature of the card leads to Shaper virus theme, but Trashing is definitely Anarch domain. Not sure on this one.

Quote:
"Bunker Buster: Run Event 5 Cost. Make a run on a Remote Server, if successful trash all cards installed on this server ignoring all costs, even if they can't normally be trashed."

That's the weirdest one. I'd suppose it trashes only cards that are installed in the server, not the ones protecting it i.e. Assets and Upgrades. But then "even if they can't be normally trashed" line makes no sense.
This card - if printed as-is - should have at least 4 influence cost to splash. And it would be an Ace in Siphon-Vamp decks.
Although it does nothing that my Stimshop+Wyrmasite deck can't do already, but it does so in 1 card + breaker suite.
It's power level is truly over 9000. Something close to Account Siphon or Workshop.

Edit: ACTUALLY this may make sense if its worded like this:
"BEFORE ACCESSING trash all installed cards in a server even if they can't be trashed"
That way it will trash Agendas.

Edit2: Also, if Bunker Bust does not include "Instead of accessing" wording it may be combo'd with Bank Job.

Quote:
THE NEW SHAPER HARDWARE(?):
"R&D Interface: More or less HQ Interface for R&D."

This one is strong and should cost alot to install (5c maybe?), but nothing really new or groundbreaking that we were not expecting.

Quote:
THE NEW SHAPER EVENT:
"Custom Rig: 2 Cost Event: Install up to 4 programs or hardware paying all costs."

May be played in Opus/Quality Time decks.

Quote:
THE NEW HB ICE:
"Loki 1.0: 10 Str Code Gate-Bioroid: 20 Rez Cost.
-> The Runner Shuffles their Grip and Heep into their Stack.
-> Deal 1 Brain Damage
-> Trash a Program
-> Trash a Program
-> End the Run

Absolutely balanced, that one, and I must say Corp needs this card.

It is the Code Gate which is resilient to Yog.0 + support. It makes Yog.0 slightly less attractive, which is a good thing.

OAI, PriReq, ABT take out the surprise element from him, so OK.

Still can be Femmed, IJ'd, ESD'd etc. etc.

If you manage to make Runner stumble upon unrezzed Loki and rez it conventionally, this thing is capable of flatlining Runner if breaks none of first two Subroutines. But this flatline attempt costs you 20 credits, so OK.

Edit: The longer I think about it the cooler Loki becomes. He can be combo'd with new Jinteki Upgrade to surprise encounter.
He can also be combo'd into EMP flatline.
Imagine:

OAI'd Loki on R&D

Remote with new Jinteki Upgrade

Runner runs on click 1. Corp rezzes upgrade and forces Runner to encounter Loki. Runner breaks Brain Damage sub and both Program Trash subs. Then proceeds to shuffle his Grip into Stack and pass the turn.

Corp: click 1 - Neural EMP, gg.

Silly, magical, requires stars to align... Perfectly Jinteki.

Quote:
THE NEW HB ASSET:
"Resilient Grid: Asset, 0 cost to rez: You can Rez in when an ICE is about to be derezed.
3 [Credits] or Trash: Prevent an ICE from being Derezed."

Situational "metagame safety net" card to keep ESD from running rampage. Nothing special.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

White hat could be this

A cost 5 Bunker Buster which doesn’t give you any tags seems a bit good. If it leaves the ICE intact and just trashes assets/upgrades as a safe way of accessing traps with SanSan then its more believable.

This will probably be reprinted at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Metalize wrote:
Quote:

That's the weirdest one. I'd suppose it trashes only cards that are installed in the server, not the ones protecting it i.e. Assets and Upgrades. But then "even if they can't be normally trashed" line makes no sense.
This card - if printed as-is - should have at least 4 influence cost to splash. And it would be an Ace in Siphon-Vamp decks.
Although it does nothing that my Stimshop+Wyrmasite deck can't do already, but it does so in 1 card + breaker suite.
It's power level is truly over 9000. Something close to Account Siphon or Workshop.

Personally, I suspect these "leaks" are somebody trolling us, because I was under the impression that every faction would be getting an aggressive asset ala Ronin and DRT, and the NBN and HB stuff mentioned doesn't seem to fit.

However, the real strength I see in this card, if it's real, is that it can trash Fetal AI without accessing it. It also will trash Queen's Gambit targets on the turn you Gambit, despite being unable to access.

Other useful effects include: avoiding a Bernice Mai trace guarding an upgrade if you have access to Archives (your "when accessed" condition triggers before hers, and then she's in Archives, right?), dodging Ash shenanigans, neutralizing Red Herrings by just dumping everything into Archives instead, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.