Subject: AoEB spoilers! (typed) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Barnes
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedi and S&S pods not included as they've already been spoiled in pictures.

LS neutral pod (1x per deck):
-Objective- Hoth. 3 resources, 4 damage capacity.
-WED-15-1016 (unit)- Droid. 1 cost, 1 force, 2 damage capacity. Reaction: after you refresh, remove 1 token (any type) from a Hoth objective.
-FX-7 Medical Assistant (unit)- Droid. 3 cost, 1 force, 2 damage capacity, 1 white tactics icon. Reaction: after this unit is focused to strike, remove 1 token (any type) from a target enhancement or Character unit
- Echo Control Center (enhance play area)- Base. Hoth. 2 cost, 1 force. 1 resource. Enemy events cannot target other friendly enhancements.
-Tauntaun
-Battle for Hoth fate card

DS Neutral Pod (1x only):
-Objective- Hoth. 1 resource. Reaction: after your conflict phase begins, move 1 shield from a target enemy card to a target friendly card.
-Snowtrooper- 1 cost, 1 force, 1 damage capacity. Character, Trooper, 2 white unit damage icons.
- Snowtrooper Vanguard- 3 cost, 1 force, 3 damage capacity, 3 black unit damage. Shielding
-2x Forward Command Post (enhance play area)- 1 resource, Base, Hoth. Each friendly shielded unit gains a black objective damage icon.
-Battle of Hot fate card

S&V pod:
-Objective- S&V only. 2 resources. Reaction: After you refresh, remove 1 focus token from a target Mercenary or Bounty Hunter unit.
-Outer Rim Space Pirates (unit)-5 cost, 3 force, 3 rosources, 2 black unit damage, 1 white tactics. Damage capacity 4. Vehicle, Mercenary, Black Sun.
-2x Corrupt official (unit)- 2 cost, 1 force, 1 black unit damage, 3 damage capacity. Interrupt: When an S&V objective would be damaged, discard this unit from your hand to cancel any amount of that damage!
-Explosive Charge (event)- 1 cost, 1 force. Action: Discard a target enhancement with cost equal to or lower than the number of enhancements you control.
-Twist of Fate.

Navy Pod:
-Objective-1 resource, 5 damage capacity, Hoth. While this objective is undamaged your reserve is increased by 1.
-General Veers (already spoiled)
-2x Blizzard Force AT-ST (unit(- 2 cost, 1 force, Vehicle, Walker. Shielding, damage capacity 1, 1 black objective damage
-Turbolaser battery (enhance play area)- 3 cost, 1 force. Reaction: After an enemy objective is destroyed, sacrifice this enhancement to discard all enhancements from play.
-Battle of Hoth fate card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Bilanovic
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 resource LS objective? Interesting, we finally got the fabled LS resource pod

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Veers objective set, The Generals Imperative, was fully spoiled by FFG awhile ago. So all we need scans of are the LS,DS neutrals and the Scum & Villainy set. And Col Serras set other than Col as he was only card spoiled by FFG from that set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toqtamish wrote:
Veers objective set, The Generals Imperative, was fully spoiled by FFG awhile ago. So all we need scans of are the LS,DS neutrals and the Scum & Villainy set. And Col Serras set other than Col as he was only card spoiled by FFG from that set.

Team Covenant did a full spoiler of the Smugglers pod last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TradenMyr wrote:
Toqtamish wrote:

Team Covenant did a full spoiler of the Smugglers pod last week.

I know but trying to do a screen capture for the card images is terrible quality. So we need Scans for the rest of the set for the various card image databases like on Card Game DB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the set due out?

Will it be a July release along side Edge of Darkness or has it been delayed? Feels like it's been over a month since A Dark Time came out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Internutt wrote:
When is the set due out?

Will it be a July release along side Edge of Darkness or has it been delayed? Feels like it's been over a month since A Dark Time came out.

Some people already have it thus these text spoilers. It shipped out from FFG last Tuesday.

July's force pack is Battle of Hoth which was put on the boat last week so will be a late July release. Edge will likely start shipping this week for an early July release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That scum & villainy is a game changer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swingjunkie wrote:

S&V pod:
-Objective- S&V only. 2 resources. Reaction: After you refresh, remove 1 focus token from a target Mercenary or Bounty Hunter unit.

Making sure I'm reading this right. This objective is "Scum affiliation only" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barnes
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karrde wrote:
swingjunkie wrote:

S&V pod:

Making sure I'm reading this right. This objective is "Scum affiliation only" ?

It's about time S&V got some pods restricted only to them. It's a pretty great set too, as there are so many ways it can and will interact with future S&V pods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much damage capacity on that S&V objective?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those corrupt Officials in the S&V oSet. Absolutely dirty. :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Couple of thoughts about the OBJECTIVE sets...

S & V

They really need more stuff like this to combat the growing insanity of the S & S. This is a pretty good indication that they will likely grow to be just as tritchy as the Smugglers already are. The OBJECTIVE itself isn't really anything crazy, in my opinion. The Space Pirates are great (as any 5-cost unit should be). Generous resource capabilities, decent defense. It's nice that you can maximize it's resource potential (if that is what you are using it for) with the ability from the OBJECTIVE, so there's that. Those Corrupt Officials are just... wrong. Hands down, lousy jerk tritch thing to do. It costs you nothing but a card. I would think that those UNITs would be better always being played using their ability and never being played onto the table as a UNIT. Oh, your opponent is going to win the EDGE? Oh, he's going to do 3 damage from one UNIT? No. No, he's not. The Explosive Charge is cool but might take a bit of work to make it effective. Seems kind of circumstantial to me. Twist of Fate? Never a complaint there.

DS Neutral

Aside from those rather (so so sad) weak Snowtroopers, everything else in this pod is great. It's OBJECTIVE is Hoth, so it competes with the growing Imperial Hoth meta and adds to the likelihood that Sith will include more Hoth (a bad thing for those Rebels). Another massive hit to the Rebels and the growing ability for the Jedi to take advantage of Shielding is the OBJECTIVE's ability. Insane. The Snowtrooper Vanguard (thank goodness they made a GOOD version of a Snowtrooper!) Is an excellent defensive unit for a reasonable cost, although maybe not as effective as a Wampa in a Hoth deck, but still very good. to top it off, those Forward Command Posts just complete the OBJECTIVE's combo to make shielded UNITs even more effective on the offense. Battle of Hoth? Solid.

LS Neutral

On the other hand, this is a nice Resource-intensive OBJECTIVE but without that WED Droid (of which there is only ONE in the whole deck) you can only sparingly use all 3 resources. Granted, WED can also be used to heal OBJECTIVES which is nice and as long as your opponent doesn't have too much direct damage (Force Choke, etc.) then he might be a nice way to keep your OBJECTIVEs chugging along while leaving them partially undefended. Overall, I am not really sure how effect this OBJECTIVE itself will be, other than to throw out a massive card once every 3 turns or so, which is cool I guess. I do also like the FX-7 Med Assist, nice little combo maker for Wedge or Echo Caverns as well as a quick way to strike more than once against the same objective. This guy, coupled with a Wedge and Battlefield Engineers could let you attack with Wedge's Speeder how many times during a single engagement? 4??! Am I right? A Taun Taun? Meh. Force Choke / Vader's reaction fodder. Not a fan of the Taun Tauns. Battle of Hoth? Solid again.

Navy

The OBJECTIVE is nice, but you better keep it shielded, because it is likely going to be hit pretty hard right away. Of course, playing this pod along with the Dark Time for the Rebellion pod(s) will make the LS player wonder which objective he should go for first! General Veers. Bachelor of the year. The Blizzard Force AT-ST UNITs seem like they would be OK with Veers but might find themselves cannon fodder without a bit more protection than just the one shield. Still, not bad for a couple of chuds. Turbolaser Battery. Uh oh. This is pretty awful for pretty much any LS deck to go up against. You finally get everyone all ready and the table fully enhanced, and this sucker just messes everything up. Thank goodness it costs so stinking much. Battle of Hoth? You know the drill.

As much as I am excited to get to using these new cards, I have a strong feeling that the Rebels are going to, once again, find themselves at the bottom of the totem pole. They REALLY need some sickening cards to be able to compete. Clever shield and protector use can only get you so far. Eventually someone is going to shove a Death Squad Star Destroyer somewhere that you don't want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OpT1mUs wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what's the name of this 3-resource LS objective? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Where is the S&S pod spoiled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antares CD
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
Where is the S&S pod spoiled?

All over the place now. At the time there was a Team Covenant video. You can now go to cardgamedb.com and see this force pack among the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Oh, cool! I have it in the mail, and I'm looking forward to it quite a bit. Coming with my second core and the other Force packs, so I'll finally get to do some deck-building.

Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
OpT1mUs wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what's the name of this 3-resource LS objective? Thanks!

I think it is Frozen Refuge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.