Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a fun game which I'd quite like to get hold of, but the wonder of UK pricing strikes again angry

I can buy this from Germany for 12 Euros (about £9.00), from the USA for about 16 Dollars (again about £9.00), but in the UK it's £22.00!!!!!! The UK trade price is higher than the retail price in Europe or the USA!

Do Rio Grande want us to buy their games or not? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UK is really expensive but Greece is also expensive! (Bausack (Zoch) = 90 euro! for example) zombie

Do as i do and buy your games from Germany. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there only 1 uk distributor and haven't they been done in the past for some kind of unfair trading practises?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Glumpler
Germany
Koeln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I do not know a lot about prices of boardgames in the UK so I cannot be of any help whatsoever regarding this topic.

In the case of Techno Witches it may help that I am providing new bonus adventures at www.erlkoenig.net from time to time that will reduce the "total costs of ownership" ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses - I was just having a bit of a vent angry

I'd get the game from Germany if I could find the English rules somewhere, but no luck so far.

The cost in the UK has more to do with the way we get the games than anyone deliberately hiking the price up I suspect. They go from Germany to the USA then come back to us, so we get to pay for them going over the Atlantic twice, AND pay whatever import tax applies to goods from the USA.

The extra scenarios look good, and I'm sure I'll get the game at some stage (ie when English rules are onlinearrrh )

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.