Ten Facts about Ben Lott
1) My avatar is a never-ending carousel of my favorite pop-culture things. I spent years as Adrian Monk, and often come back to that. Monk is basically my default, but I don't like being tied down to just one thing.
2) I have the greatest wife in the universe (Rikki). She actually gave me the push I needed to get started on this hobby, and she still supports it. Here's a picture of us together:
3) I'm open to playing just about any game, but I usually purchase and own lighter family games because of #4.
4) I play games with family and friends, I don't have a game group. So I am the only real "gamer" around, and therefore I am also the game explainer and the game owner.
5) I rate games after I've played them once (unless we played it incorrectly or there was something else messing up the game experience.) I rate based on my desire
to play again, and try to update my ratings when logging another game played, if I think something has changed.
6) I log all my games played, but only if it is a face-to-face experience. I do not log any detail of my plays, just the date and the games played. With very few exceptions, when I log a game session where we used an expansion I log a full play of the base game and a full play of the expansion. This is because, in my opinion, both were played at the same time.
7) The Detroit Lions are my favorite team, I love them and have faithfully rooted for them through thick and thin over 30 years now. Each year I will track their regular season wins and losses in my Geekbadge.
8) My Hot 10 List are the 10 games I own, that I have played only once, and desire to get back to the table the most (I do not include expansions in this list.)
9) I work with the youth group at our church. This is probably some of the most enjoyable and rewarding work I've done. And we play a lot of our games with the youth, too.
10) I am a boardgame podcast addict. My favorites are Flip the Table
, The Dice Tower
, Garrett's Games & Geekiness
, and On Board Games
Thanks for stopping by my profile You can also see my Geek of the Week thread for more information about me.
And you can see my Chit Chatter of the Day thread for more silliness from me.
And you can see my Love Spreader of the Week item for even more information about me.
I would also love any input you can share about My List of Unplayed/Unrated GamesHere's what I've played recentlyHere's folks who've visited my profile (since 7/27/2010)