Howdy! I've been a "real" gamer now for 6 years. It has been an amazing adventure. I came from a background of mostly card games and party games growing up but never played anything with true grit until Jan of 2009. I instantly fell in love and was welcome into the world of gaming with open arms. Now I tend to be a game snob... monopoly is no longer considered a game in my house. I'll give anything a try (including fluxx) but my heart tends to lean towards worker placement and resource gathering games. Some of my favorites are Stone Age, Trajan, At the Gates of Loyang, Bora Bora, and Colonia. I also still love party games and of course there is Tichu. (Complete Addict).We are currently living in the Madison, WI area so if you ever want to play or learn a game in our collection feel free to message us. We are always up for gaming!
I have 2 kiddos now (3 & 1) and we've just started down the path of children's games *shutters at some of them* (Had to have 2 kids, you need 4 to play Tichu) but if you have recommendations to play or avoid I'm all ears.
What I've learned from board gaming:
1) I am a very bad negotiator. I'll give you all of Chinatown just for a fish store (the tiles are so pretty)
2) I am super lucky when it comes to getting bombs in Tichu, loading my truck in Aqualeretto, and rolling surges to bring my ogres back to life in Descent (No fooling, I had a Master Ogre live 6 lives before finally dying)
3) Monte is always a cylon, never a werewolf.
4) If you announce you are sober in a game of Werewolf you will be killed first and ordered to make a beer run.
5) I'm never the boss :-( (Who's the boss)
6) My 3 year old seems to win everything :-/