I'm a board game fan in Vancouver Canada area.
I tend to prefer playing heavier Euros.
- A sense that even if I didn't win, I've built something cool (farm, village, city, rail network, factory, whatever).
- Games that immediately make me want to try again and do better.
- A good sense of an overall strategic plot arc.
- "Point salad" where there's no clear theme that differentiates the winner from the losers.
- Total randomness or chaos (a bit is okay)
- Fighty player elimination games.
My Top 10 are my current top favourite games, ranked by which game I'd suggest playing if given the choice right now. My favourites tend to shift around quite a bit but always come from the same list of about 20 total games.
My Hot 10 are my recently played games in the last 3 months, ranked by number of plays, and then by most recent play as a tiebreaker.
Games I've played most recently: