I have gamed ever since I was a kid, though it had always been the standard Clue, Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, etc. Around 1999 I was introduced to 'real' gaming, and it was a blast. I think my first game was Settlers of Catan. I didn't play it as much as others and get burned out on it though, so I still have fun playing. Later came Puerto Rico and Power Grid, Power Grid being my favorite game. Battlestar Galactica is a very close second, and until BSG came out, I probably would have identified myself as a 'Eurogamer.' I have since started to enjoy the full gambit, from heavy to light, Ameritrash to Euro, with even a couple of party games thrown in.
I replied to your geekmail, but then realized you might not be searching your stufed mailbox for my reply, so I'm pasting it here:
Hello Santa! Here are my answers...
1. What is your favorite Element? (Greek or perodic) Air
2. Best TV Show Ever? The Wire
3. Do you have people you play games with at work? At lunch? Unfortunately, no
4. Do you belive in magic? In a young girls heart? This one is a stumper. I think I do.
5. Ninja, Pirate or other? Why? Ninja obv. Stealth and murderous over strong and murderous any day.
6. A game you have play and hated so much you would never play again? Very few fall into this category. I can't even remember the last one, but I would guess it to be some random fluxx style game/activity that took way too long. I like my light/filler games to be fast and fun.Dear Secret Santa,
This year has been busy. For the last few months work has been killing me and I haven't been keeping up with anything. I haven't gotten nearly enough gaming in either unfortunately. I am working at updating my list to be more helpful, sorry for the lateness.
Thanks for participating in the BGG Secret Santa, its always a blast checking out people's wishlists and finding that bit of awesome you know will be their next favorite game.
Dear Secret Santa,
Your generous box of goodies showed up today at work. Thank you so much, I hope to get these to the table ASAP!2015 Edition of Look What My Secret Santa Sent Me... (10th Anniversary Edition)