This page is an index of games published in each 2-monthly issue of the wargaming magazine Strategy & Tactics. Every S&T game entry links back to this page.
1. Brief History
First published in 1966, games started to appear in each issue (starting with issue #18) from 1969 after a takeover by Jim Dunnigan, who founded SPI to publish the magazine. Following the demise of SPI the magazine passed through several hands until Decision Games took it over circa 1991. In addition to featuring games in each issue, the magazine also contains military history articles, often relevant to the game in that issue. Since issue 176 the magazine has also been sold, gameless, at newstands.
In 2007, Strategy and Tactics Press was spun off from Decision Games to take on the responsibility of publishing the magazine, along with a new stablemate World at War magazine, which will focus on WWII themed games, leaving S&T free to explore other battles.
Games in issues prior to number 18 contain only written rules, instructions and/or lists of units bound-in (to the magazine) but no finished components. For example: Crete (issue 18) is bound into the magazine itself (including the mapsheets). The games in S&T from 19 to 25 came with components but the counters were uncut and unmounted. These counters require the buyer to glue them to pressboard or tileboard, and then cut them. All SPI games from issue 26 were mounted.
Online brief History of S&T.
A complete history on Tactical Wargamer website.
The primary purpose of S&T Supplement was to allow readers of S&T to submit articles about whatever they wanted. They came out in 1970-1971.
- "Waffen SS, True Hidden Search for Naval Wargames"
- "Module Blitzkrieg, Terrain for Miniatures"
- "Strategy 1, The Eastern Front in 1914"
- "Ancient Rome, Nuclear Weaponry in Blitzkrieg"
- "Ostkrieg, Wargaming Theory"
- "Mathematics in Wargame Design, S&T Index"
- "Two Blitzkrieg Variants, Casualty Causation in W.W.I - 1914, Ostkrieg - Conclusion"
- "Airpower in Miniatures, Operations Orders, Jutland with a Battleboard"
- "The Scenarios for Tac 13 - Centurion, Battle of Punta Angamos, Tannenberg - A Russian Plan"
- "Korea, Line of Sight Hex Grids, Waffen SS Addendum"
- "Dark Ages Revisited, Campaign Analysis, Parachuting in Miniatures"
Main Content Index | Game Series Index | Game Magazines Index