The Others 7 Sins
Avatar of War
How to paint
C - Citadel
V - Vallejo
T - Tamiya
1. Black primer (Citadel) to start with
2. Drybrush with Dawnstone (C)
3. Khorne Red (C) airbrush for the skin leaving head, layer of Mephisto Red (C)
4. Airbrush skull white on the head, black for eyes and mouth, white teeth
5. Red wash (any) on body and shoulders covered by white and Nuln Oil (C) wash on head
6. Correct white skull and teeth
7. All the scars with bone white washed Agrax (C) and corrected.
8. Metal parts with metal plate (V), bronze and Balthasar Gold (C) mix, same with sword. Washed with Agrax
9. Legs washed with black ink, hoofs with Monster Brown (V) washed Agrax (C) and highlighted with Leather Brown (V)
10. Bullet belts are Balthasar Gold washed with Agrax (C) and highlighted with gold (any)
11. His cloths are Doombull Brown (C) washed with Agrax (C)
12. Black Base (T)
work in progress
and some more updates from painting - wash added, drybrushing. eyes, teeth, tongue
Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:04 am
Time to share some photos of my painting process. Everyone has his own, that is for sure, but as I do not have much time and I`m not a professional painter I need use some tricks (with inks dipping etc.
I usually start with the undercoat, primer. I have a photo of a miniature in front of my eyes (like Descent art or similar) and try to match as closely as possible base color of a miniature.
Example below shows my work in progress. In this case major color of the Drake is green so I prime it green.
From the other hand I also use black and skeleton bone (not white) for monsters and heroes as well
For High Mage Quellen I have already applied flesh skin tone.
After the base color I paint rest of the basic colors, not adding any fireworks - red, necro flesh, white, brown, metal etc.
You can see here that those monsters had blue as a base (check out the monster cards) and I have added red, white, bronze as details.
Those above were also shaded using Army Painter strong shade or AK Interactive streaking grime giving them little bit of complexity.
next post with details and basing - finishing the model
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:29 am
I was busy with some other things lately, like looking for a job so didn`t have so much time for painting and posting.
I did full Zombicide season 1 in a meantime and finishing Descent 1 and 2nd edition. I have started Flames of War miniature as well.
A lot of projects up ahead - Myth, Zombicide 2nd season, never ending Descent ;-), Battlelore 1ed., and more.
Space Hulk 3ed
as I promised some D1 minis. it took me some time, but was busy with other stuff.
I`m in the middle of Zombicide season 1, Relic and tons of others...so.
I would love to paint for profit, for someone, but there is little interest I guess...
After long brake I have finished my D2 heroes and monsters.
Time to paint D1 minis. A lot of them.
check out my D2 minis below.
I will post some D1 later today if I finish basing...
I think its time to start my blog right now.
Blog about painting wargame and boardgame minis.
I have started already some time ago with wargame models...Tamiya, Italieri, Revell and stuff. Humbrol paints and brushes. It was like 20 years ago
Now I have returned to my hobby and I hope you like my collection.
Army painter is what I use. I think right now those are the best paints on the market IMHO.
If you are interested in your minis being painted - let me know.
I do paint for commission.
I started with Descent2 miniatures you can see here:
If you have any questions or comments - let me know.