GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
22 Days Left
Dice Hate Me
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
In this episode of The State of Games, we take a look back on our past month of constant on-the-road adventures at various cons, such as WBC and GenCon, and special gaming events like a Celebration of Gaming at Labyrinth Games in Washington, DC. We share tales of unpublished prototypes like Paul Owens' meaty and fulfilling East India Company, getting to see how Ben Rosset's The Market has morphed into Nevermore Games' Mars Needs Mechanics, and how far Clever Mojo Games' Princes of the Dragon Throne has come since Origins. All this, plus Dice's constant name-dropping from GenCon, how Monkey has a vendetta against games that feature "cards with words," the joys of sharing brownie sundaes, VivaJava demos, Jason Kotarski's joys of hauling, and a look at Smash Up, Seasons, Morels, and Vegas!
Link to podcast on BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepodcastepisode/83751/the-o...
External link to podcast on Dice Hate Me, with supplemental content:
You can also subscribe to our podcast through iTunes! http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-state-of-games/id4202...
Notes on podcast content in relation to tagged games
- The Great Heartland Hauling Co. - Convention coverage
- VivaJava - Convention coverage
- Mars Needs Mechanics - Discussion of play, opinions, notes on development
- Seasons - First impressions, discussion of gameplay
- Vegas - Discussions of gameplay, opinions on play
- Morels - Discussion of gameplay, opinions on play
- Smash Up - Discussion of gameplay, opinions on play
- Sentinels of the Multiverse - Opinions on 5-player experience
- Princes of the Dragon Throne - Opinions on development, gameplay
- Leaping Lemmings - Opinions on gameplay
- Divinare - Discussion of gameplay, opinions of play
Games or game content not tagged or not in BGG database
- Cards Against Humanity
- Time's Up: Title Recall