GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
15 Days Left
W. Eric Martin
• On German gaming site Reich der Spiele, artist/designer Michael Menzel writes about the replayability of Legends of Andor (likening the first two legends in the game to video game tutorials), how the game scales in difficulty based on the number of players, and its first expansion – Die Legenden von Andor: Der Sternenschild – due out in Fall 2013, a.k.a. in time for Spiel 2013 in October. (HT: Brettspielblog)
• Polish publisher Portal Publishing has made a couple of items available on its website for Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island. First, the Trait Cards available as a promotional item at Spiel 2012 are available as a PDF. Second, Portal released a seventh scenario for RC – Dreadful Adventure on King Kong Island (PDF), with designer Ignacy Trzewiczek detailing the origin and development of the scenario in this blog post on the Portal website.
• In other news from Portal Publishing, the publisher is working on a new printing of its Spiel 2008 release: Witchcraft from designers Michał Oracz and Ignacy Trzewiczek.
• Kevin Brusky at APE Games has posted an update of several forthcoming items from the U.S. publisher, noting, for example, that artwork is finished for Rolling Freight: Great Britain and India, an expansion for Rolling Freight that will consist of a double-sided game board and a rules sheet explaining the newly introduced canals and caravans. Art is also progressing for RAARRR!! and the third character set for Kill the Overlord, while rules and card layout is progressing for Island Siege.
• In mid-December 2012 Gary Games changed its name to Stone Blade Entertainment to reflect a broader publication strategy that includes digital games – such as its Kickstarted SolForge digital game – as well as analog ones. To date, the only analog games from Stone Blade Entertainment consist of variations of Ascension, with the newest items for that series being Ascension: Immortal Heroes (released in November 2012) and Ascension: Samael Claus, a promotional pack of twelve cards released in December 2012 that brings the spirit of holiday giving to the game.
• As is his custom, designer Michael Schacht released a tiny expansion for one of his games in the form of a holiday card, the present in this case being a new pair of alternate scoring cards for his card game Coloretto. Now four alternate scoring cards are available should gamers want to switch things up over multiple rounds of play...