BDC does not want us to talk too much about Eclipse before the review, but we have been allowed to give a brief preview. Our full review will go up on the day of launch.
I have not had the game for long but have been able to play several local games and have seen the online system.
Here are 10 features and design choices that have stood out thus far:
1. The game, while using a unique UI, stays very true to board game. It is in a nice middle ground between a direct translation and a complete departure. The game has a lot of info involved so this is all stored in trays that can slide and out.
2. All races are available to play with in the $6.99 purchase.
3. You can play with up to 6 players both online and off (AI and/or pass and play). Online uses BDC's own login system.
4. There are 3 AI levels. I am relatively new to the game so I cannot speak for the strength.
5. The game screen can get quite large but it will move to show you each action. You can also zoom in and out as needed.
6. There is a round summary that quickly tells you the standings as well as the new tech available.
7. There is an Undo function but there are certain cutoffs when it is not possible to undo. These are all mentioned in the game text.
8. Scores are shown as a range of numbers based on hidden tokens. This is great as it quickly does the math for you so you can see in what range a player's score may be.
9. Each race has unique ship designs. These designs show up on the board and in the battle animation segments.
10. You can tap any ship on the screen to find out how it is built so you can easily measure what you will be up against if you attack.
If you have anything else you are dying to know, try posting your question in the comments and perhaps BDC will chime in with an answer.
Among the best things in life is playing printed games in person with family and close friends. When those are not convenient we like iOS Board Games. News, reviews, previews, and opinions about board gaming on iPhones, iPads, iPods and even Android devices. (iPhone board games, iPad board games, iPod board games, Android board games)
- [+] Dice rolls