W. Eric MartinUnited States
Queen Games' Rajive Gupta has passed along an outline for what gamers can expect to see from the German publisher, while also noting that some dates might change down the road. Titles already released in 2011 include:
• Fresco: Expansion modules 4, 5 and 6 (Glaziers)
• Fresco: Expansion 7 (Scrolls)
• New York (special edition of Alhambra)
• Shogun: Tenno's Court
Three titles were released in German editions in that country in March 2011 in order to make them eligible for the curent year's Spiel des Jahres award, the nominees for which will be announced on May 23, 2011. Those titles are:
• Paris Connection
Titles still in the pipeline from Queen Games, along with estimated release dates are:
• Paris Connection (international edition) – May 10, 2011
• Lancaster (international edition) – May 25, 2011
• Mammut (international edition) – June 20, 2011
• German Railways – July 20, 2011
• Res Publica (new edition) – August 20, 2011
• Thebes: The Card Game – August 20, 2011
• Castelli – September 20, 2011
• Dschunke (new edition) – October 20, 2011 (aka, Spiel 2011)
• Kairo – October 20, 2011
• Wallenstein (new edition) – October 20, 2011
A number of the titles listed above were previously announced as Spiel 2010 releases, but Queen Games (and several other publishers) were left without games to sell when just prior to the convention the manufacturer Scheer announced that it could not deliver many games it was supposed to produce. "There has been a perception that what was shown at Essen [in 2010] must be released first, but we are not following that schedule. Instead we will try to suit individual releases," says Gupta. "I believe by the end of this fall we should be back on track."
Gupta notes that this list is not complete as Queen might have a few more titles on hand at Spiel 2011 – but given the vagaries of production, he released no details as to what these titles might be.
To submit news, a designer diary, outrageous rumors, or other material, contact us at email@example.com.
27 Apr 2011
- [+] Dice rolls