Brad CummingsUnited States
Wizards of the Coast announced at GenCon today that their first game with Playdek with Lords of Waterdeep. Being well received last year, Lords of Waterdeep really shows how accessible a Eurogame can be. I had a hunch this would be the first title announced, but I guess that is not so impressive as my pool to choose from was fairly small.
With Playdek's excellent track-record and past experience with Agricola, I am confident we will have a excellent, true the tabletop version. This is a game I have always wished I could play more of and I am glad I will have it on iOS so I can.
Here are the key facts I have learned:
- It will be for iOS for now. No mention of Android.
- The cubes will be replaced with some sort of representation (D&Deeples perhaps?).
- They mentioned the game will be coming "later this year".
- The expansion Lords of Waterdeep: Scoundrels of Skullport will be available on iOS in early 2014.
- It will feature standard Playdek features including: async play, AI play, multiple game support, and so on.