Eric GerdtsUnited States
Hey Caverna lovers!
If you've been following the Caverna forums, you've no doubt seen some pretty sweet storage solutions for the game. Here is the one I built:
1. Neither the idea nor the design is mine. Credit to the Esoteric Order of Gamers for demonstrating how to work with foamcore, and to Kevin Duffy (BGG user Grildensnork) for posting pictures of his tray designs, which I made only small changes to.
2. The lid does close all the way, and as long as it stays on (if you rubber band it, or just hold it on) you can orient the box in any direction you like, or even shake it, and the bits will all stay in their own compartments.
3. It's made of foamcore and glue, and held together with pins while drying. The end result looks nice, but of course being a homemade item will not be completely without blemishes. It is very sturdy though.
4. Here's a link to a video I made which gives a little bit more detail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOsHlAEM6lM
So...while my time and interest lasts, I'm willing to make you a couple trays just like these, for the low low price of $28 plus whatever it costs for me to ship it to you. A couple of things...
1. OK, that price isn't so low, really. I won't promise that you'll be blown away by the value when it arrives. It's just that I'm not really willing to do it for less, given the amount of time and materials that I need to invest.
2. You certainly could make one yourself. Assuming you own the required tools already (knives, ruler, cutting board, glue, pins), it wouldn't cost you nearly as much. I'm offering this option for those of you out there who'd rather spend your money than your time.
If you have more questions, I'll be happy to answer them. To purchase, send me a geekmail and we'll set something up using paypal.
18 Jan 2014
- [+] Dice rolls