I've added a new function to BGG1tool, for showing you a list of games that you may like. This is the link for the new version:
For this new function, there are two steps:
1) insert your username in the edit box near "Load from user" button, then press that button. The program loads your collection in the left box.
2) click on "What to buy?" button and wait (or play a game). At the end, the program shows you a list of games in the center box.
What the program does?
- from your collection, the program chooses 10 games (those with your highest votes),
- the program gets all the votes for these 10 games (this can be long, for some games),
- the program chooses 10 users that have given the highest votes to these 10 games,
- the program gets all the collections of these 10 users,
- the program chooses 20 games, those with the highest votes from these 10 users (games already in your collection are discarded).
And if you want to use different numbers (games, users and results), click on the "S" button (that one to the right of "What to buy" one).
For me, the program says that I should buy Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery, and for you?
Games, software and BGG...
- [+] Dice rolls