David NeumannUnited States
WisconsinIn life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
Galaxy Trucker Moving to Android and iPhone, iPad Version Getting Update
It's always great to wake up to surprises, and this morning I woke up to this tidbit about Galaxy Trucker:
Great news everyone! Next week we plan on releasing the Galaxy Trucker app for iPhones and Android devices! Please RT pic.twitter.com/uP3S69YTTA— Galaxy Trucker App (@GTruckerapp) December 11, 2014
That's not all. Czech Games Edition has also said that the iPad version will be seeing an update as well that will bring chat, player invitations and more to multiplayer as well as other improvements as well.
From now on you'll be able to invite your friends to a game of Galaxy Trucker, and chat with them at the same time. How cool is that?
Galaxy Trucker is currently available for iPad only and you can grab it here for $8.
GMT Needs Testers for Space Empires
In today's monthly update from GMT Games there is a short blurb stating that they are looking for iPad testers of their epic 4X sci-fi game, Space Empires: 4X. It's so epically 4X, it has 4X right in the title!
So, if you want to help out and have an iPad running iOS7 or later, send Kai Jensen at GMT an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Let them know your name, email address, your iPad model, and what flavor of iOS your running and they'll set you up with a TestFlight build. Good Luck!
Papers, Please Coming to iPad Tonight or Tomorrow
Papers, Please is an award winning indie game that puts you in the shoes of a low-level bureaucrat in a fictional Soviet-era border checkpoint. Your job is to examine the passports and other documents of incoming travelers and determine if they can enter the country.
It sounds horrible boring, but it's not. In fact, it's fairly riveting. It plays like a puzzle game where you have to check different types of information, else you let in someone you shouldn't and then your pay gets docked. It's oddly emotional as you have to deny visas because a date is wrong, or they don't have the correct entry pass. It's also tortuous to watch your family suffer as you find you cannot pay the rent, or even feed them after you've had a particularly bad day at the office.
Only available for PC/Mac before, developer Lucas Pope tweeted this yesterday night:
December 12th pic.twitter.com/jczO9zbmah— Lucas Pope (@dukope) December 11, 2014
It's been approved by Apple, and should be available any time now for $6 which is a sale price, and will shoot up to $8 after the weekend. As for Android, Lucas has no plans right now for an Android version, but hasn't ruled it completely out of the question.
Suburbia Update Goes Live
We mentioned that Suburbia was getting an update a few days ago, and last night it came to iPad earlier than anyone thought it would.
This thing has quite the laundry list of changes, and I'm feeling lazy, so here's the iTunes blurb:Jeremiah Maher wrote:• "Stats" Main Menu button opens new Player Statistics screenYou can grab Suburbia for iPad right here for $5. You can grab it for Android here for $4, but this update won't hit Android for a bit.
• New Single Player Campaign cities: Seattle and Boston
• "Reference" Main Menu button opens new Suburbia Reference screen
• "Rules and Tips" (previously "Rule Book") and "Tutorial" buttons moved to new Reference screen
• Rules screen now has shortened "Suburbia Rules" on left and "Strategy Tips" on right
• Added explanation of "Show Pass Screen for Comp Turns" option to Rules
• "Tile Elements" and "Tile Terminology" moved to new Tile Reference screen
• New Goal Reference screen
• If available, Round number, player names, and date Created are shown for In Progress Online Multiplayer games
• New button to go straight to "In Progress" games list after your turn in an Online Multiplayer game
• Online Multiplayer button changed from "Resign" to "Forfeit" to match latest Game Center terminology
• Improved formatting of Single Player Campaign Help text
• Larger "hit area" for Main Menu buttons
• Saved Games can be deleted by swiping left or right
• Resolved issue where tiles could be built while flipping
• Resolved issue with Indianapolis, Dallas, and Essen, where tiles could be placed on top of the Player Board
• Resolved issue where Online Multiplayer games that were forfeited might still show as In Progress
• Requires iOS 6 or higher
Among the best things in life is playing printed games in person with family and close friends. When those are not convenient we like iOS Board Games. News, reviews, previews, and opinions about board gaming on iPhones, iPads, iPods and even Android devices. (iPhone board games, iPad board games, iPod board games, Android board games)
App News: Galaxy Trucker Shrinking Next Week, GMT Needs Testers, Papers Please Coming to iPad and more...
11 Dec 2014
- [+] Dice rolls