GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
16 Days Left
Games I'd like to Demo and/or Buy at Gencon 2011.
(Eminent Domain is not included because I've pre-ordered it).
Let me know what you think of the games on my list and what you'd add!
1. Quarriors!. I don't like the cartoonish art and theme but the reviews make this a "must try" and if the price is reasonable, a must-buy.
2. Discworld: Ankh-Morpork Hmmmm... I have zero interest in Discworld, and Sci-Fi games have been pretty hit or miss with me, but Martin Wallace? I'm in for a Demo and if no Demo is to be had, I'll buy the thing.
3. Obviously A Few Acres of Snow is a must-buy since Wallace designed it. I'd love to demo it first, and the price needs to be reasonable.
4. Blood Bowl is too expensive to collect and Games Workshop Ltd. is an annoying company (at best), but Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game looks too fun to pass up. I'll buy it if its at Gencon.
5. Elder Sign. Don't know much about this one, but it looks interesting. Demo.
6. I really like Irondale, and the reviews for Omen: A Reign of War have been very good, but this is one I'd want to Demo first.
7. Rave reviews for Battleship Galaxies but another I'd want to Demo first.
8. Barons I love Glory to Rome and (like many) hate the art. If anything, the art for Barons looks even more garish and obnoxious, but the game looks interesting. Hope to say hi to the CGC guys and try it out. Demo first but will buy if no demo available.
Update: After reading Endersgame's review of Barons, I'm buying regardless. Actually the Art doesn't bother me at all --I like it much more than GtR. But the Colors are too bright and obnoxious. An upgrade, but slightly muted colors would have been much better. That said, given my fondness for Irondale and Glory to Rome, this is now a must buy.
So what did I miss or what shouldn't be on that list?
Also, let me know if you would like to join our The World Cup Game game with 8 players on Thursday around 7pm. We have room for 3 more.