My taste in games certain changes. Games that I loved in 1999 barely make the table 12 years later. But here are my Top 10 games from the end of the last century as I rank them now. This was a much tougher list to make than my 2007 list.
My other "best of" lists. Feel free to comment or disagree!
1. Lost Cities *Fun and simple card game with a pasted on theme that works perfectly. I love the art.
2. Chinatown * Great diplomacy/negotiation game with the right group. Time limits for negotiating are key to make this work.
3. Ra *Fun bidding game that I still play on IPad.
4. Tikal *Great exploration game that has great staying power.
5. Schotten-Totten *Battleline's uncle. Fun though I'm very annoyed that the Knitzia empire saw fit to take this game off www.yucata.de
6. Mordred *Martin Wallace goodness that hasn't made it to the table in years.
7. Money! *Mr. Knizia's second entry on my top ten. Still play on the Ipad. You know its good because the title has an exclaimation point!
8. Apples to Apples *My kids LOVE this game, so I put up with it.
9. Vinci *I like Small World Much more.
10. Starfarers of Catan *Too fiddly and complex for a Catan game. Why play this when you can just play Catan?