Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
- The Castles of Burgundy: Myriam was on a roll, I was trying the slower strategy of filling up my big 6-hex fields for big points. As a result, Myriam had a ton of bonus tokens, I had only 2. And she won.
- Discworld: Ankh-Morpork: A light, chaotic game that is sort of area-majority. I enjoyed it, but it is hard to control. I like how all players have different goals, yet you still have to do things that annoy the heck out of the others to get there
- Frachtexpress: small, light train game from Franjos. Rules are simple and it doesn't take too long. Some planning is needed. Not bad at all, but there is a certain amount of luck of the draw.
- Hermagor: it had been a while since we played this, but I still knew most of the rules, so we got going quite fast. I still enjoy the market part of this game a lot. I also don't mind the disjointedness of that part with the map part. I like this!
- Langfinger: to close off the night we played this short light worker placement game. It's not spectacular by any means, but there's also nothing wrong with it. I kind of enjoy it for what it is
- Merkator: we tried the 2 player long variant, which wasn't all that long. With 2 you only get 4 more time counters. But you also get less contracts to begin the game with, resulting in a slower start, but you still have to go to certain places that give you time counters, and thus they will be depleted just as fast, you just score less points. I'm not sure why this variant is constructed the way it is. I guess it would be to easy to get to contract 14 otherwise, but I only got there in my very final action, so it was close. Myriam went for quantity. In one turn, she managed to complete 4 contracts in Denmark! I, on the other hand, always had contracts for different locations. So I went for bigger contracts. With all the contract Myriam was completing, she had money coming in like crazy, while I was always scraping for a few coins. She ended up with 5 bonus buildings (for a total of 25 points), I only had one building, for a total of 5 points. But the value of my final contracts was big enough to offset the difference.