Browsing through the kickstarter.com campaigns for board games I can't help but be fascinated by the amount of games that I really want. Whether they be from known publishers or from completely unknowns the level of polish that these titles appear to offer is encouraging. Here's my most wanted list of games that are either funded, nearly funded, or are already hitting store shelves:
1. The Manhattan Project by Minion Games. This is worker placement style game where players are competing to build and operate their atomic bomb programs. Art direction is a pleasant 60's style. I'm quite excited for this.
2. Eaten by Zombies by Mayday Games. Although I'm only semi enthused by deck building games I'm always up for a zombie themed game. Fighting off the zombie hordes in a fight to be the last person to die makes the wait for this baby excruciating.
3. Empires of the Void from Ryan Laukat. Not attached to a publisher, this game features planet colonization, research, diplomacy, and destruction. Oh, and the art is beautiful. Apparently the box will be loaded with components too!
4. Eminent Domain by Tasty Minstrel Games. I'm a big fan of Tasty Minstrel products and Eminent Domain looks like another winner. It appears to have a Race for the Galaxy blended with deck building vibe. It's already on the open market but I haven't had the chance to see this yet.
5. Flashpoint: Fire Rescue by Indie Boards & Cards. A cooperative game where 2-4 players are entering a fire-ridden collapsing building to save the day. The art is gorgeous and the theme is exciting. You win or lose as a team which means no shady business ala Red November.
6. Carnival by Dice Hate Me Games. Build the best attractions on your midway before your competition does. This competitive game of one-upsmanship is on my game queue for sure.
7. Glory to Rome: Black Box by Cambridge Games Factory. Glory to Rome is one of my favorite card driven game. This is simply a re-release with updated art. I was never opposed to the original art but am psyched for this rendition. Oh! And it comes in a box now!
8. If I'm Going Down... by Van Ryder Games. A 1-2 player tactical zombie survival game. Well, sort of. You see, you're going to die. It's just a question of how many of "them" are you going to take down with you.
*originally posted on http://www.reviewswithoutpants.com