Dice Hate Me(ckirkman)United States
North CarolinaThe boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
In this episode, Monkey takes the reins (at least for a little bit) before the conversation is steered toward girls and what they really really want - out of games. It's not long before Monkey spills the secrets of luring girl gamers, keeping them around, and even turning them into the coveted ubergamer. All this, plus a look at the monster release, King of Tokyo, the brainburner Belfort, and TC Petty III's quirky creations VivaJava and Good Ol' Punchin' Planes. Oh, and then there's a little something about our wedding anniversary... awwww.
WARNING: Slight high-brow content with meta discussions of gaming culture. Those with an aversion to inter-personal chit chat should probably just skip to the 38-minute mark for the bulk of new game talk.
Girls, games and glory - all right here!
Link to podcast on BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepodcastepisode/62364/the-o...
External link to podcast on Dice Hate Me, with supplement content:
You can also subscribe to our podcast through iTunes! http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-state-of-games/id4202...
Notes on podcast content in relation to tagged games
- King of Tokyo - Brief overview of gameplay; thoughts and opinions
- Belfort - Brief overview of gameplay; thoughts and opinions
- Yspahan - Brief overview of gameplay; thoughts and opinions
- VivaJava: The Coffee Game - discussion of mechanics and aspects of the 3-4 player "Intern Inspansion" to be included in the game.
- Good Ol' Punchin' Planes - Brief overview of theme and gameplay; awesomeness
- Eruption - Brief overview of theme and gameplay; thoughts and opinions
Other games discussed but not tagged
- Ticket to Ride
- Roll Through the Ages
- Zong Shi
- Empires of the Void
- If I'm Going Down...
- Castle Dash