• Kingdomino, by Bruno Cathala and Pegasus Spiele, with Blue Orange Games being the publisher of origin
• Magic Maze, by Kasper Lapp and Pegasus Spiele (originally Sit Down!)
• Wettlauf nach El Dorado, by Reiner Knizia and Ravensburger
Seven additional titles were recommended by the jury of journalists and game reviewers that oversees the Spiel des Jahres, an annual award meant to honor a game that would be a great choice for play by German families (and by extension families everywhere). These titles are DEJA-VU, Dodelino, Fabled Fruit, KLASK, Shiftago, Tempel des Schreckens, and Word Slam.
The jury announced nominees for two additional awards as well. Titles up for the Kinderspiel des Jahres, Germany's game of the year for children, are:
• Captain Silver, by Wolfgang Dirscherl, Manfred Reindl, and Queen Games
• Ice Cool, by Brian Gomez and AMIGO Spiele (originally Brain Games)
• Der Mysteriöse Wald (a.k.a. The Mysterious Forest), by Carlo A. Rossi and IELLO
The games nominated for the Kennerspiel des Jahres — an award aimed at enthusiasts who already have some familiarity with modern games — are:
• EXIT: Das Spiel, a series of three escape room games from Inka Brand, Markus Brand, and KOSMOS
• Räuber der Nordsee (a.k.a. Raiders of the North Sea), by Shem Phillips and Schwerkraft-Verlag (originally Phillips' own Garphill Games)
• Terraforming Mars, by Jacob Fryxelius and Schwerkraft-Verlag (originally from FryxGames and Stronghold Games)
Four additional Kennerspiel-level titles were recommended by the jury: The Big Book of Madness, Captain Sonar, Great Western Trail, and The Grizzled.
The winner of the 2017 Kinderspiel des Jahres will be announced Monday, June 19 in Hamburg, while the 2017 Spiel and Kennerspiel des Jahres winners will be revealed on Monday, July 17 in Berlin.
Congratulations to all the nominees!
To submit news, a designer diary, outrageous rumors, or other material, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
22 May 2017
- [+] Dice rolls