David NeumannUnited States
WisconsinIn life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
Terra Mystica Now Available for PC/Mac/Linux on Steam
I usually try to keep at least a bit of the news out of each headline just so that you'll have to read a little to figure out what the hell I'm talking about, or at least to get more detail. In this case, there's not much I can do. The story is just as the headline states, Terra Mystica from Digidiced UG has been released on Steam and can be downloaded now for PC/Mac/Linux.
I've downloaded the title to my Mac and it seems to be very much identical to the touchscreen version, albeit with control now performed via mouse. For some reason, it feels better on my laptop than on an iPad. It's probably just me, but there's something about playing a game that can take a long time to finish that feels better on a computer rather than a tablet. Did I mention that I'm very old?
The Steam version of Terra Mystica is on sale for a special launch price, so if you're thinking of getting it for the big screen, now's the time.
- Terra Mystica for iOS Universal, $10
- Terra Mystica for Android, $10
- Terra Mystica for PC/Mac/Linux via Steam, $10.50 (on sale)
Codito Begins Rollout of 64-bit Apps with Ra
Ah, Codito Development, we miss you. You were the bread and butter of board game ports back before anyone else was thinking about board game ports. One of my favorite Codito apps was Reiner Knizia's classic auction title, Ra. It was slated for the executioner when iOS 11 lands later this year, due to it's 32-bit DNA. That's changed now, as Codito has updated it to 64-bits meaning it will be around for a long, long time.
First 64-bit update posted and now available in the App Store - Reiner Knizia's Ra has been rescued from the... https://t.co/DP485WHJwt— Codito Development (@coditoca) June 8, 2017
Those of you who already own Ra just need to update your app, while those of you who haven't yet purchased it (don't rush, it's only been available since 2011) need to get on the ball and download this.
- Reiner Knizia's Ra for iOS Universal, $4
Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Updated to Version 1.9
Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal is a complex and engaging solo war game for iPad that seems to just keep getting bigger and better all the time. That's impressive considering that it's the work of a one-man developer, Cyril Jarnot.
This week saw another gigantic update land for Carrier Battles, bringing the version up to 1.9. Let's blurb this out:Cyril Jarnot wrote:Weather:
- A new option for each scenario
- Clouds, rain and storm will hinder air missions, naval moves and battles all over the map
- See the dedicated section of the advanced rules
- More fuel at Milne Bay and Guadalcanal
- More US TRS and DD
- 2 what-ifs for the Eastern Solomons scenario
- Increased HP and damage control of CL
- Improved the AA at Rabaul
- Japanese airfield at Gasmata
- A red bagde in the left menu warns for new events
- Possiiblity to delay the landing by 20 min on a given airbase
- A tip of the day is given when a scenario starts
If you're a wargamer, you should already own Carrier Battles and this update is ready for download. If you don't own it, give it a look. I think you'll be surprised at how good it is.
- Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal for iPad, $5