W. Eric MartinUnited States
five days of live game demos and interviews starting Wednesday, June 14, but before we get to that, let's round up a few announcements that I've possibly tweeted in passing but not posted here.
• To start with, Renegade Game Studios has signed a deal with Shem Phillips of Garphill Games to make his 2017 Kennerspiel des Jahres-nominated title Raiders of the North Sea and its expansions available in English on a more widespread basis. Renegade expects to have the base game available in Q3 2017 with the expansions to follow in Q4.
• In other Renegade news, the publisher is creating a "Play Renegade" kit for Clank! A Deck-Building Adventure to encourage game store owners to run events to demo the game, with participants taking home an as-yet-undisclosed promo card and the winner of the event getting a special version of this card. These promos will also be available at conventions in mid-2017, with "a unique, handcrafted dragon trophy" for the overall player with the highest score.
• Dutch publisher Splotter Spellen is reprinting its 2004 title Antiquity that has gone in and out of print multiple times over the years, and it's taking preorders on its website with this new edition due out for SPIEL 2017 in October. This new edition has a few small changes to it — deeper box, shaped wooden tokens that aren't only cubes — but gameplay remains the same.
Joseph Fatula has started taking preorders for the Sept. 1, 2017 release of Leaving Earth: Stations, an expansion for his Leaving Earth game from The Lumenaris Group, Inc. that adds the Space Shuttle, various space station modules, and new missions to this game.
• The expandable card game Doomtown: Reloaded, which was born from the collectible card game Deadlands: Doomtown in 2014 and which publisher Alderac Entertainment Group cancelled in 2016, is being born again courtesy of Pine Box Entertainment, which is partnering with Pinnacle Entertainment Group to release the "Epitaph Series", a series of tournaments that will coincide with the release of Tales from the Epitaph, a new expansion for the game.
• At SPIEL 2017, Cranio Creations will release Houses of Renaissance, an expansion for Lorenzo il Magnifico in which each player becomes the head of a house, with each of the ten houses having a unique power. Components for a fifth player are included, as well as new development and leader cards.