W. Eric MartinUnited States
KOSMOS has dropped info on its line-up for the second half of 2018, with the title likely to garner the most attention being Imhotep: Das Duell from Phil Walker-Harding. Here's an overview of this latest entry in KOSMOS' long-lived two-player game line:Quote:The competition of the builders continues in Imhotep: Das Duell!Okay, not much to go on there, but the components list sixty delivery tiles (in addition to four pawns and four placement boards for each player), so don't open the box expect to find a bunch of blocks waiting to be built.
In this game, players take on the roles of Nefertiti and Akhenaten, one of Egypt's most famous royal couples. Game pieces must be cleverly placed so that players can unload the most valuable tiles from the six boats. While this is happening, each player builds their own four monuments in order to gain as many fame points as possible.
EXIT: Das Spiel – Die Katakomben des Grauens, due out in October 2018, will be the next release in the escape room series of games from Inka and Markus Brand and Ralph Querfurth, and this release is billed as having two separate challenges in the same box. A description of this invitation to a "catacombs of horrors":Quote:Gloomy vaults lie under the city of lights. The catacombs of Paris swallow the light, secrets, and — apparently — also people. After the mysterious disappearance of a friend in the catacombs, players in EXIT: Das Spiel – Die Katakomben des Grauens embark on a mysterious search through the underground labyrinth. Will players be able to find their friend in time and escape this cavernous world full of dark mysteries?• We've already previewed Catan Histories: Rise of the Inkas from Klaus and Benjamin Teuber at the Spielwarenmesse 2018 trade fair, and this game now bears a September 2018 release date, the same as Imhotep: Das Duell. If you want to see that overview video, you can view it below:
Lost Cities: Rivals and Word Slam Family, and now KOSMOS has stated that it plans to release those games in Germany in August 2018. What's more, KOSMOS will pair that latter release with Word Slam Midnight, marketed to players aged 18+, in the same month. No card samples yet for a suggestion of how risqué those words you're slamming might be.
• Michael Menzel isn't designing more for Legends of Andor, but that doesn't mean the game system has come to a halt. KOSMOS is working with others to keep expanding the land, and October 2018 will see the release of Die verschollenen Legenden ("The Lost Legends"), an expansion from Dorothea Michels and Matthias Miller that gives players new things to do:Quote:After the victory over the dragon, new and exciting adventures await the heroes of Andor. With the help of the people from the West, they rebuild the burned-down homesteads. They come across Arbaks, the Andoric spirits of the forest. Soon they face powerful, previously unknown enemies: an ice demon, an ancient earth spirit, and the Chief of the Skrale. Finally, the heroes in the interior of the Gray Mountains air a long-kept secret.Rustan Håkansson's Tribes: Early Civilizations, which Tea Time Productions debuted at SPIEL '17, will see release from KOSMOS in German in October 2018 under the name Tribes.
The Die Legenden von Andor: Die verschollenen Legenden expansion includes three new legends for use with the base game.
• The last item on the KOSMOS docket is Roll for Adventure from the familiar design team of Brett J. Gilbert and Matthew Dunstan, with the name and description only hinting at how you might actually play the game:Quote:The old kingdom is in danger. Enemy armies are attacking from all directions thanks to the Dark Lord, who seeks to bring eternal darkness across the land.
The only chance the players have in Roll for Adventure is to band forces to collect the fabled power stones to complete the magical amulet. If they succeed, they'll save the empire and win the game. However, should even one area fall under the control of the Dark Lord, the players lose the game immediately.
To submit news, a designer diary, outrageous rumors, or other material, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Late 2018, KOSMOS Welcomes the Return of Imhotep, New Heroes for Andor, Dicey Adventure, and Horror in the Catacombs
28 Jun 2018
- Legends of Andor
- Tribes: Early Civilization
- Word Slam Family
- Lost Cities: Rivals
- Imhotep: The Duel
- Exit: The Game – The Catacombs of Horror
- Word Slam Midnight
- Die Legenden von Andor: Die verschollenen Legenden "Alte Geister"
- Roll for Adventure
- Inka Brand
- Markus Brand
- Phil Walker-Harding
- Rustan Håkansson
- Ralph Querfurth
- Brett J. Gilbert
- Matthew Dunstan
Subscribe Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:44 pm
- [+] Dice rolls