GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
21 Days Left
W. Eric Martin
• U.S. publisher Floodgate Games has announced a series of three expansions for Adrian Adamescu and Daryl Andrews' Sagrada, with those expansions being collectively titled "Sagrada: The Great Facades" after the three monumental facades on the actual Sagrada Família, facades that represent the nativity, passion, and glory of Jesus Christ, or in another writer's words Jesus' birth, suffering, and salvation.
Each expansion contains modules of content that players can add individually or together to their games of Sagrada. Sagrada: The Great Facades – Passion, due out in Q2 2019, introduces inspiration cards, rare glass dice and cards, rare glass private objectives, and symmetry public objectives.
• In June 2019, Sorry We Are French will release Ganymede: Moon, an expansion for Hope S. Hwang's Ganymede that adds two new areas to each player's board: the Moon and the Ganymede Council Chamber, with this latter area being able to accommodate up to four councilors, each providing a unique bonus when they arrive on site.
• Not sure how I missed this before, but German publisher Feuerland Spiele is working on a new large expansion for Terra Mystica from Jens Drögemüller and Helge Ostertag — Terra Mystica: Age of Innovation — with publication expected in 2019. Said Ostertag in May 2018, "There will be new stuff, like a new set of favor tiles, on top of that technology tiles (thus the working title "age of innovation" - still the same fantasy setting, just a few years later in the world of Terra Mystica (no Steampunk)), new factions: with variable basic abilities and variable Stronghold abilities. These are not compatible with any of the original or Fire and Ice factions, they are the next generation with more variance." Here's a shot of the prototype from May 2018, along with one of the new factions:
Based on those pics, someone in a BGG thread tallied new bits that caught their eye, then Ostertag offered confirmations and corrections.
• Osprey Games plans to expand Martin Wallace's Wildlands miniatures game with two titles in 2019, with the March release of Wildlands: The Adventuring Party adding a new playable faction to the game — or a new encounter that wanders the board and makes things difficult for you — and the May release of Wildlands: Map Pack 1 – The Warlock's Tower & The Crystal Canyons, a double-sided game board that adds new opportunities and obstacles to play.
• I just started rewatching season 1 of Game of Thrones, and that reminded me I had yet to post anything about A Game of Thrones: Catan – Brotherhood of the Watch: 5-6 Player Extension. I'm not sure what this expansion adds beyond unspecified "new allies and enemies", but I'm going to guess that peeing off the Wall will not be an option.
• For many expansions, I can do little more than note that they're coming, but for many such expansions — as with What's Your Game?'s Madeira Expansion from Nuno Bizarro Sentieiro and Paulo Soledade and Zhanguo Expansion from Marco Canetta and Stefania Niccolini — that's all that many people need to know. More of the thing I already love? Say no more!
These expansions, first mentioned in an April 2018 BGG News post, will be available as part of a Kickstarter campaign for second editions of Madeira and Zhanguo, with that campaign starting "very soon", which is the same thing that WYG had said in April 2018.