Last night i was able to put some Citadel "somthing or other" gloom techincal on my harpies. Sorry I forget the proper name. I like how it turned out. I hit the eyes and the teeth a bit and so I think I'm done with the harpies.
As I feared my wash was too thin. And I think I need to go back to adding a bit of modge podge to the recipe. The Modge Podge really helps it stick in the deep parts of the mini. So my witches ended up more stained than anything. Oh well, it's not worth worrying about it now. I'l just play it by ear when I put on the base coats.
I did hit them with a dry brush. I want to dry the attention towards the face which is really well sculpted. I also it the upper arms. They look like they're worshiping the moon so to me it makes sense that they're brighter.
Excuse the fingers. I should probably pick up some tweezers.
I started to get some base coats on the worm.
I realize I can't replicate the original art exactly, but I do want them to feel familiar. So here's the inspiration that I'm aiming for.
I started to re-base! I only stabbed myself once!!
The plastic used is so solid that my snips are too weak to handle it. I tried using my trusted exacto but since it's very hard, I'm having trouble cutting in a nice straight line. I tend as I work through to angle up. Which doesn't matter on the bats with rocks below, but I would like to avoid slicing off toes or a heel. So I picked up some new heavier duty snips. (Sorry I call them snips from my old background in electrical, They're usually called frame cutters, or angle cutters etc.) I also want to try a hobby saw so I'll pick that up later. But I got three done before I gave up.