Here I Stand was due for a reprint in 2017, but with October 31, 2017 being the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther's posting of his 95 Theses, Ed Beach and his team of Here I Stand enthusiasts have put together a series of enhancements to the original game that transform the standard game into a deluxe 500th anniversary treatment.
- 6 brand new cards added to the deck, including Thomas More, Thomas Cromwell, Rough Wooing, and Imperial Coronation.
- Revisions to over 15 existing cards including Copernicus, Master of Italy, and Machiavelli to allow for more exciting in-game play and additional possibilities for diplomatic deals.
- A new Chateau construction table is now used to resolve France's Patron of the Arts home card plays.
- Several Virgin Queen rule updates are incorporated back into Here I Stand, affecting minor power activation, piracy, space trading, and foreign wars.
This update kit is designed for owners of the 1st or 2nd printings of Here I Stand who don't want an entire new game, but would like to only update their game with the new components. This upgrade kit includes:
- new card decks
- a card of updated charts,
- six new power cards,
- a half sheet of new counters
- the new rules and scenario books.