Darryl Jones is a one of the most versatile artists in the game industry, doing everything from Game design, to Illustration, to Graphic Design and even writing.
Some of his experience includes:
- Designed and illustrated several classic Dwarven Forge resin sets, including Realm of the Ancients, the Den of Evil, the Medieval Building Set and more.
- Illustrated the Walls and other assets for for True Heroes, the first spin-off project from Jeff Martin of True Dungeon.
- Darryl continues to work with True Dungeon designing elements for each season's events such as the adventures' logos.
- He has done illustrations for comics books, novels and other fantasy fiction and online games.
- He runs a D&D game based in the world of the Dobbers on the ExplodingDice channel on Twitch.
Darryl Jones is a lifelong gamer and artist. Once he started playing D&D in middle school his mind exploded with the creativity, imagination and possibility. He immediately began to draw the characters and creatures from our games. He progressed to just about every type of game from there! Role playing, board games, even LARPing. Once he’d played everything he could get his hands on, he started combining games and even making up his own games. Everything from Transformers playing Monopoly to troops of Dragons and Elves in Risk. The best thing about all of these game creations is that they needed art! This was 7th heaven for Darryl, constantly drawing, nurturing a love of, art, games and imagination.
After many years, happily working as a designer and illustrator, he begain whistfully looking back at the games he'd crated when young. He began prototyping an idea for an adventure game based in one of his childhood concepts, the Dobbers. The rest is history.