A brief history:
1785 Georg Klinger launched a company in Nürnberg which range of goods most likely contained toys
1850 foundation of C. Abel-Klinger, merging of former 2 different companies: Carl C. Abel & Comp (1837) & J. G. Klingers Kunsthandlung
1897 Introduction of the label AK Spiele Heimchen
1904 Acquisition of G.J.Pabst, Nürnberg (logo GJP)
1919 New logo: a C above an A-K above a N
1936 Ludwig Senkeisen becomes factory owner (100 %) – owner of a printing plant (Vereinigte Kunstanstalten) in Nürnberg, which already produced materials for Abel-Klinger (because AK did not own a production unit);
After WWII both companies, AK and Vereinigte Kunstanstalten Senkeisen with the label ‘vSk’, produced games separately.
1971 Due to bad success both companies were sold to ASS Altenburger Spielkarten ; the transition state led to a few editions with mixed labels, e.g. Die neuen Eroberer.
Some data obtained from a publication of Rudolf Rühle/for more information see Spielbox 1/2004 pages 48-49