BRIO Holding AB is currently the parent company of four distinct companies:
- BRIO which develops educational toys, many in wood, under a very strong brand, and are marketed through its own subsidiaries and specialist retailers worldwide and through Scanditoy as the general wholesaler in the Nordic region
- Alga which develops and markets traditional board games and similar products for the Nordic market
- Lekehuset Partner, a franchise retail chain in Norway and Sweden
- Scanditoy which is a toy wholesaler in the Nordic market
Within the framework of BRIO, the intention this autumn is to set up a dedicated sales organisation for the group’s BRIO and Alga products, which will take responsibility for sales of these brands in the Nordic region by 1 January 2015. The strategy will mirror the way the group operates particularly through our subsidiaries in Germany, France and Japan with good results. Our goal is to have a close working relationship with stores with the view to increase visibility and provide a high level of service.
- Lekehuset Partner is a retailer, Scanditoy is a wholesaler, and Brio Promotion is a promotional/advertising company. These are not publishers.
- Alga is a subsidiary of BRIO.