William Darton, Sr. (1755-1819) established the firm 1787 at 55 Gracechurch Street. Darton & (Joseph) Harvey from 1791. Darton, Harvey & (Samuel) Darton from 1811. Harvey & Darton from 1819. In 1847 the firm was sold to R. Y. Clarke.
William Darton, Jr. (1781-1854) and the firm established at 40/58 Holborn Hill in 1804. W & T(homas) Darton from 1806 to 1811.
From 1830 until 1836, William Darton Jr. worked in partnership with his son John Maw, who would head the business at Holborn Hill until 1867. The company was named Darton & Hodge from 1862 to 1866. The firm was sold to W. Wells Gardner in 1867.