Contains many rule tweaks/component changes:
- First player starts with $5
- If you choose to buy your own auction item, pay $1 less than the previous high bidder
- Of the four unused tiles in each era, no more than two may be plantations
- A new "Bonanza" game variant.
NEW TILES (added to the mix, so now 4 tiles per era are left out):
- A: Crop rotation (a 1-spice wild plantation, which is NOT worth a point)
- A: Foreman (purple tile: at game end, all your 1-point 1-spice plantations are worth 3 points instead)
- B: Expedition (red tile: draw an expedition card each round)
- B: Favor (light blue tile: when you win this tile, exchange it for one of the tiles that was not used in either A or B)
- Money tile now gives $3/turn instead of $4
- Duty now gives 5 VP instead of 4
- Colonist track adds 0/2/4/5/6 colonists
- Ship track gives 1/2/3/5/6 ships
- Money and harvest track spice requirements swapped
- Eight new tiles for the "Bonanza" variant/expansion (in addition to those listed above)
- Three '1' colonist cards are changed to '2' colonist
- A new symbol, the elephant, has been added. There are now 5 each of 6 symbols, instead of 6 each of 5 symbols.
- "Sell spice" card can sell a maximum of four spices
- "Advance with money" card is not an action
- "Flip an extra colonize card" card can be played after you see what your two colony cards are
- New tiles and chits to track the current round (A1-A4/B1-B4) and current action (1/2/3/extra actions)
- Stickers to put on the spice baggies, so that colorblind players can tell the difference between red nutmeg and green pepper
- Colony tiles now have the name of the colony, instead of "Colony"