The Battle of Red Cliffs (2013 Edition) is the new two to nine player edition of Tien Zi Que (TZQ).
What is Tien Zi Que (TZQ)? TZQ is a mahjong variant card game. Like Mahjong, each game of TZQ takes several rounds of play. The differences and the uniqueness of TZQ is that during the round, players collect sets of cards and keep one card from each set for end of round scoring. When one player has five (or more cards in "Red Cliff"), the round continues until the last player finishes his/her turn. Each player adds victory point to the score board based on the combinations of the score cards, and then continues to the next round.
What's in the Battle of the Red Cliffs (Red Cliffs)?
1) Peng! action to create a set before the active player starts his/her turn.
2) Every player has a chance to receive score at end of the round.
3) A special tier system for scoring. End of the round, player must score high enough to reach the next tier(level).
4) the game ends when one player, or a team, reaches a certain Rank level. The player, or the team, with highest score wins the game.
5) Command card which give each player a different ability
6) Other action cards and event card
7) Play in team of 2, 3 or 4 (optional).
From the publisher: Sunrise Tornado Game Studio