Some rules are different in the Hexagames edition compared to Queen/Avalanche editions:
The Hexagames version has these differences from the later versions:
1. The trading rule that you can only mention up to two types of cards, conjoined with "and" or "or," is not present.
2. Before drawing his or her normal cards, a player may turn in one pair of identical cards to draw an additional culture card.
3. Players are not restricted to drawing a maximum of three cards.
4. If there are discarded people cards, a player may forgo one culture card draw on his or her turn to take the top discard instead.
5. No points are awarded for sets of people cards.
6. The scoring cards are slightly different