2007: Second Edition, 1st Eagle-Gryphon Games printing (broken, but fixed by the "Fix Pack") has © 2007 in the lower-right-hand corner of the box bottom, and "265 Wood tokens".
1st & 2nd printing
- (Insufficient) wooden cubes as player markers, in the colours red, yellow, white and blue;
- Round corner cards, linen finish;
- Single game board (error on the score track);
- Player mats with a separate set of starting cards for each player;
- Small wooden cylinders as tokens.
The Fix Pack contains:
(1) A set of stickers to apply to the board to fix the gap between "80" and "100" on the original board. There are stickers for every multiple of 10 from "90" to "180". Place these on the board with the "90" going where the "100" used to be, the "100" where the "110" used to be, and so on.
(2) A set of additional cubes and markers. I now have 10 cubes in each color, the same number as the number of cones in the first edition (cubes in the second edition have the same function as cones in the first edition.) I also got extra white civil action markers, red military action markers and blue resource markers. I didn't get new yellow population markers.
(3) A set of new cards. Here's what I got:
-- A new "Coal" card for the Age II Civil deck. One of the original "Coal" cards did not have the word "mine" in the corner. Take the defective card out and replace it with the new one.
-- A new "Oil" card for the Age III Civil deck. One of the original "Oil" cards did not have the cost in light bulbs to play the card (9 light bulbs) printed on the card. Take the defective card out and replace it with the new one.
-- A new "Assassinate" card for the Age II Military deck. The original "Assassinate" card was missing the "?" next to the picture of a red token. This could leave you with the impression that it cost just 1 military action to play (though if you look closely you can see that the picture of the red token is off-center, leaving space for the missing "?" character.) Actually, it requires a number of military actions equal to the level of the leader to play the "Assassinate" card as your Political Action. Take the defective card out and replace it with the new one.
-- A new "War over Resources" card for the Age II Military deck. The original "War over Resources" card spelled "strength" wrong. Take the defective card out and replace it with the new one.
-- A new "War over Culture" card for the Age III Military deck. The original set I received had only 5 War cards in Age III, and when I wrote to the publisher, they sent me a new "War over Culture" card immediately, several months ago. I'm guessing that they read my e-mail again when they were about to send out the Fix Pack and put another copy of this card in as they tried to provide good customer service. If this is true, then the other Fix Pack recipients did not receive this card. I looked carefully, and it's identical to the ones I already have, unless I'm missing something subtle. I currently have 4 "War over Culture" and 2 "Holy War" cards in my Age III Military deck, and I think this is the right number.