This is the Deluxe Edition of Tixel, a two-player abstract game designed by Martijn Althuizen. The name comes from the playing pieces, which are basically pixels (squares) with a curved indentation on one of their edges. This game has reached nestorgames through nestorbooster.
The aim of the game is to be the last player able to make a legal move. Chaining moves is invaluable as this temporarily unlocks three additional move types. If a tixel that is moved becomes inactive at its end position — i.e., it's sacrificed — a player can take an extra move if he so chooses; aside from placing or moving a tixel, he can now remove a tixel from the board, activate an inactive tixel, or pivot an active tixel to reorient its hollow side.
The boards are made of 8mm thick transparent acrylic, laser cut and engraved. The pieces are the same as in the basic edition, and are made of 8 mm thick 'black and 'ice' acrylic. All versions include a briefcase for transportation.
There are several versions for the Deluxe Edition:
- 6x6 board, 10 pieces per player and briefcase.
- 7x7 board, 14 pieces per player and briefcase.
- 8x8 board, 19 pieces per player and briefcase.
- 9x9 board, 25 pieces per player and briefcase.
- 10x10 board, 32 pieces per player and briefcase.
- Four 3x3 modular board tiles, 10 pieces per player and briefcase.
- Six 2x3 modular board tiles, 10 pieces per player and briefcase.