The Codex: Orks is an expansion book for the Games Workshop Table Top game Warhammer 40,000. This book was published for the first time in 1994, and is for the 2nd edition of Warhammer 40,000.
The book has 88 pages and the cover is printed in colour while the majority of the book remains in black and white, although there are usually several pages of colour images of miniatures.
1) Army List
This book contains a complete army list for using a Ork army. Further special rules and wargear cards are included.
This book contains background information and fiction on:
- An Introduction to the Ork Race and Orkdom.
- The Clans
- Orky Know-Wots; including Oddboyz, The Waaargh!, Ork Gods and more.
- Ork 'serjury' from a Gretchin's perspective.
- Gutrog's Cyboar
- Ork Glyphs
- Warlord Nuzzgrond Nosebiter and the Titans
3)Special character models
This book contains background and special character rules for:
- Nazdreg Ug Urdgrub
- Kaptin "Flash Git" Badrukk
- Mad Doc Grotsnik
- Gazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka and Makari
- Zodgrod Wortsnagga
- Wazdakka Gutzmek
This book contains hobby information on:
- Sample Ork Banners
- 'Eavy Metal examples
- Ork Tactiks