An Encounter Book that adds a bit of flavor text to the Encounter Cards and allows players to make encounter decisions without viewing the outcome.
The attached file is of poor quality and I can't seem to figure out how to zip the file, but here is the high-res Drop Box link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g83hli3haja15bl/Encounter%20Book%2...
How we use it:
1. Had the 7 pages (front and back) printed into a spiral-bound 8 x 11.5 notebook.
2. Created a paper sleeve to fit an Encounter Card, sized to only cover up the text.
1. Encountering player draws Encounter Card as usual, sleeves/covers the card text, reads the reference number in the upper left, and enjoys Jakub's artwork.
2. Another player looks up the reference number in Encounter Book, reads the encounter text, then reads the three options (bold text only). Also enjoys Jakub's artwork.
3. Encountering player chooses one of three options.
4. Player w/ book reads the outcome.
5. If the encountering player cannot afford the outcome, he/she can choose another option.
This won't be to everyone's liking, but figured I'd share in case anyone was interested. Big thanks to Jamey for allowing me to post this!
I still have a few days left on my Adobe Pro free trial, so if anyone has any suggestions for the flavor text, I'm all ears.