This is an interactive Excel tool that calculates the probability to roll a number of hearts or surges with a given set of Descent dice. It creates a graph that shows the probability (y-axis) to roll at least X hearts or surges (x-axis) for a target at range 1-10 (color-coded curves, see legend). Here is what it looks like:
Macro buttons are used to:
1. toggle attack type (Melee or Ranged )
2. toggle target (Hearts or Surges)
3. toggle attack dice (up to 4 dice supported)
4. toggle fixed modifiers (+Heart, Pierce, +Range, +Surge) from weapons, skill cards, hero abilities, etc.
5. toggle modifiers that cost 1 or 2 surges (surges are used to maximize damage)
All calculations are done on the fly, the graph is updated automatically. As it makes extensive use of VBA code, you need to allow macros to use it. I tested it in Excel 2013 and 2010. Suggestions, comments, bugs here
. I hope you like it. I can tell you, many more hours than originally anticipated went into this project. Enjoy!