Rules and play aids for Augmented version of Guadalcanal. This is Volume 1 of a two-volume download. Volume 1 includes:
- A “Readme” file.
- An “Augmented” rulebook combining the July 1966 rules with official interpretations and unofficial variant rules published in the Avalon Hill General, in a format inspired by the Fortress Europa rulebook.
- An “Augmented” Logistics chart to track ammunition reserves, fuel reserves, and damage to Henderson Field.
- An “Augmented” Japanese Reinforcement Chart that adds variant naval units while following the stock deployment schedule for ground units.
- An “Augmented” Japanese Reinforcement Chart that adds variant ground and naval units while following an variant deployment schedule where the player selects those units that will try to reach Guadalcanal from those units available at Rabaul.
- An “Augmented” U.S. Reinforcement Chart that adds variant naval and air units while following the stock deployment schedule for ground units.
- An “Augmented” Casualty Reduction Pad for Imperial Japanese Troops that includes all Japanese ground units from stock and variant orders of battle.
- Naval play aid charts including an “Augmented” Casualty Reduction Pad for U.S. and Japanese ships.
- Tables for in-game reference.
- PDF files displaying the combined stock and variant ground orders of battle for Japan and the U.S. organized by division, including artillery units with range values printed on them. The U.S. order of battle is unchanged from stock Guadalcanal.
The Tables for in-game reference and the Reinforcement Charts are printable on 8 1/2“ x 14” paper. All other files are printable on 8 1/2" x 11” paper. All files are in PDF format.
Comments, questions, and suggestions are welcome!