Like many other native English speakers, I found the rulebook included in this game to be a little hard to read. The information was there (mostly), but it took some time to decipher it all. So, in the hopes of having a clear and unambiguous presentation of the rules, I decided to rewrite the entire rulebook.
My goal: To respect and maintain the layout and presentation of the original rulebook as best as I could. That being said, I wound up rewriting just about every sentence, and reorganized paragraphs when needed in order to explain concepts more clearly. I also took the opportunity to clarify a couple of common questions that appear in the rules forum.
1) I really liked the introduction that was in the old 2009 version of the rulebook. I felt that it gave a much better overview of the whole game. Therefore, I tried to include that introduction in this new version.
2) Art.2 Game Setup: I mention that at the start of the game, every driver should be handed a dashboard, a Sisu card and a Spare Tire card, and must choose which tires to equip.
3) Art.5 Time Attack: I re-structured this section a little bit to help clarify that after the dice are rolled, a driver may then arrange the dice in the order he wishes to use them (while respecting the rules for chaining gears). I also made it clear that he MUST use every die that he rolled, unless a loss of control takes place.
4) Art.7 Loss of Control:
The "Specific Cases" in 7.4 were particularly confusing in the English version. I re-worked this section quite a bit.
5) 7.5 Sisu Card: I also mention that a Sisu card cannot cancel a loss of control caused by approaching a bump 2 gears higher than the printed note.
6) Art.12 Overtaking: I created some visual examples for each of the bullet points. I got the idea of these examples from the original 2009 rulebook. I think it helps explain when you can and cannot overtake someone.
Please let me know if you spot any errors, typos, or corrections that need to be made.
Also, a big thank you to
for helping me proofread and edit!