UT - Revolution : the Dutch Revolt OR Machiavelli; Return of the Heroes; E & T; Atlantic Storm; Sword of Rome; RoboRally; Blokus offered already
- Steve Bachman(Ward)United States
I love trading games on BGG. I’ve completed several successful trades and I think it’s a great way to get new games without spending a ton of money and overloading your closet with unplayed games. It also helps me get around the wife-imposed limit of how much space in the house can be dedicated to games. To that end, I’ve decided to start an ULTIMATE TRADE™ based on Kane’s original. Generally, the rules are the same as his original with some notable differences.
Now that I have purchased a copy of Die Macher, the end games for this UT will be either Peloponnesian War or a combination of games from my want list. In particular, I'd like to get Sword of Rome, Age of Steam, Extinction or Eishockey. Check my want list for other indications of potentially UT ending games. I am offering up either Revolution : the Dutch Revolt (new in shrink) OR AH’s 2nd Edition Machiavelli (punched but unplayed, like new).
Here’s how it will work…I will offer my games up for trade. If you want it, then you post a game you’d be willing to trade for it (Let’s say 7 Ages). Then someone who wants 7 Ages can post a game they’d be willing to trade for it (Let’s say Twilight Imperium). Then someone who wants Twilight Imperium….and so on. Once someone is willing to trade Peloponnesian War (or an offer that intrigues me enough to jump at) for the current item up for trade, THE ULTIMATE TRADE will end and they will send it to me. It’ll look something like this…
1. Revolution OR Machiavelli – me
2. 7 Ages – Person B wants Machiavelli and offers 7 Ages
3. Twilight Imperium – Person C wants 7 Ages and offers Twilight Imperium
5. Peloponnesian War – Person E wants Twilight Imperium and sends Peloponnesian War to me.
So, everybody gets the game they want and it’s one big joy-fest.
A few rules to make this work…
1. The games must all be of the same approximate value (like those listed. If you want to offer something more valuable than what you’re getting, that’s fine, but don’t drop the value down beyond what is reasonable.
2. Don’t offer crap. I don’t want to see someone offer their $20 Alaska-Monopoly set. Offer good games that people will want or this won’t work.
3. You must specify whether you are willing to ship your offer out of the country, or to which countries you will or will not ship. This will allow international members to get involved and to know whether a chain will work or not.
4. When you post the game you’re trading, post the condition of it and any pertinent information (publisher, English Edition…). All games should be in good condition. Also, say something in your comment about which game you would be getting like “I’ll give 7 Ages for Machiavelli” or something. That way things don’t get confusing if 2 people post at the same time for the same game.
5. So that everyone feels safe about doing the trades, in order to participate you must have 1 of the following…..a positive Trade Rating, Avatar, GeekBadge, Supporter Badge, or at least 25 Geeklist comments, session reports, reviews, or articles. I know I don’t feel comfortable trading with someone who just signed up on BGG last week and hasn’t contributed anything, so I assume other people don’t either.
6. Unlimited FORKS will be allowed. However, I reserve the right to prune off some of the branches if the forks start to make the tree look more like a bush. If this happens, I will look to prune off the entries that I feel are not likely to develop into a complete chain, but I will list such deletions in the comments so that someone coming in late can see if there was an offer they would have liked. If a request is made by such a person to restore a deleted link so that they may add one, I will certainly do that.
This could end up being very short with only a few people or it could end up being fairly long. If it seems like it will never end and just keeps going and going and going, then maybe I’ll pull the plug on it, but I thought it would be fun to try. Once it is completed, I will collect shipping information from everyone and distribute it as needed. Everyone should try to ship their games on the same day, but we’ll coordinate that later.
One last rule…as the Master of this ULTIMATE TRADE I can jump in at any moment and end the whole thing. I have supreme power to end the trade-line whenever I want to and take the current game. So, if someone posts a game that I find too tempting, it ends there and it’s mine. Ah, it’s good to be king.
This also means that as the list progresses, I can go back and decide that I want to end it all and just take one of the previous entries. This will end the list at that point and all entries made after that are voided. This will probably only happen if I don’t have a chance to check the list for awhile and something I really want gets added and then the list grows before I check it again.
So that’s it. Comments are welcome, but don’t post a game unless you want the current game and you’re trading the game you posted. Good luck and happy trading!
- [+] Dice rolls