Top 100 short games! (20 min or less)
- Geert VinaskovBelgium
I compiled this list because I think short games don't get enough love here on the geek. Short games are great, because we can play them when we're waiting for others to arrive, and we need something quick and simple that can be played and explained in 20 minutes.
Short playing time is for me very important, because people are more willing to play if the game takes 20 minutes or less, and six games or so can be played in one and a half hours, meaning there are six winners so, nooone will feel like they wasted their time. And at the end of the night you can convince your friends to play one last game, and one after that, and ...
I'm setting some rules here:
- The entry of the game must list 20 minutes or less. Our group plays Princes Of Florence 2player in 20 minutes, but I need to have some objective data to build this list from.
- No strict player count (so no 2 player games, no party games that require at least 5 players). At game evenings there will be a random number of people present, thus this list is about games that support a variety of player numbers. And besides, half of this list would be 2player games, where's the fun in that?
- No dexterity: no balance or sllding games, also no (visual) reaction games. But realtime games where you only have a limited amount of time to think are okay (space alert, ubongo)
- No traditional card games or print-and-play games.
- No doubles (no PR:LAI here)
- [+] Dice rolls