Highest Rated IPad Board and Card Games
- Mallory Dean(mdawg)United States
Have you played a board or card game on your IPad from this list? You can help provide invaluable information on the pros and cons to help fellow geeks spend their money wisely! Just add comments below the games you have tried.
Do you know of other great IPad games that are also physical card or board games? Let me know!
What you need to know about this list: The games are listed by their digital version ranking (not their physical form ranking). In other words, the rankings shown here are as much about how well the game was implemented onto an IOS device as how good the game is in general. I have included a link to the physical copy of each game in the description so that further information about the mechanics, theme, etc.. of the game is easily available. Finally, there are several games listed at the bottom of this list that have not received enough rankings (none at all in some cases) that will certainly find a spot higher on the list once they reach this threshold. For now, I would recommend you do due diligence on these titles as it may be hard to distinguish between a really poorly implemented game or a great game that just needs more rankings.
My next goal:
add the physical form rankings to this list (in the description) so this information is available to give a quick idea of it's ranking on the geek -complete
Future (Stretch) Goals:
- include more information about any in-app purchases available for expansions and other content (as shown in the listing for Ascension) -complete
- Create Expected List of IOS Games coming soon(tm) at end of list -in progress
- find a way to include similar games available for the IPad that do not have physical counterparts (example of this seen in the Catan listing)
- continue to update as rankings change and new titles are added - in progress
- provide brief description of theme or mechanics in the item listing
- provide a very brief review as I play these games in the item description
Most recent update: 02/17/13 Many small changes to rankings (remember this is the digital game ranking). However, there was 1 significant change: San Juan dropped from 3 to 21! Since many of these titles have not received many ratings in comparison to their physical edition counterparts, some "settling" is sure to take place but this was by far the biggest change since I have been tracking.
- [+] Dice rolls