The 'Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures' vs 'Star Trek: Attack Wing' 150 geekgold duel OF DEATH! Let's settle this 'Star Trek' (games) vs 'Star Wars' (games) thing once and for all...
- Xander Fulton(XanderF)United States
Star Trek vs Star Wars...it's an argument in geekdom as old as...
...well, the mid-1980s, anyway, when there started to be multiple movies for each. But a long time ago, anyway. In this galaxy, however.
And now we've got two games - using the same core system (FFG's "Flight Path System") - that could settle that! Rather than debating endlessly which game plays better...or is more balanced...or has better quality control...etc, et al, ad nauseum... I think an easier test is warranted! Specifically, let's see which game visually does the better job evoking the setting it purports to simulate.
That's it! That's the standard I'm going to ask everyone to vote on! I'm chucking 150 in to the winner of this contest (although note that I'm entering, myself - don't hold that against me, if my pic "wins", the 150 goes to the second-place score).
Because we are evaluating the two games' ability to really "set a scene" for what they are trying to simulate, we don't want personal creativity crowding the question. To be clear, that means:
- Use the base games, expansions, props or backgrounds that are commercially available, ONLY (IE., what you can go into your hobby shop and buy, setting up on a table they have in the back, and theoretically generate the photo you are submitting)
- To be clear, that means no unlicensed models, stuff you've 3d printed, models you've painted yourself, components you've made, etc.
- Please post the info on what expansions you used in your pic, so we can take a look! (And, if it's awesome, use it ourselves in our own games!)
- Multiple pics per user are okay, but let's not clutter up the thread (so, say, no more than 2 entries per game per person)!
Otherwise - give it your best shot! Post a pic that really shows "X-Wing" being "Star Wars", or "Attack Wing" being "Star Trek" - using the parts 'on-hand'!
"Winner" (or, as noted, second place if my pic somehow wins it - I'll not keep the offered either way) is determined by the entry that gets the most thumbs (over - [rolls dice for arbitrary number] - "10"...no sense giving away if no conversation/debate ends up happening!). At the moment, both series have roughly similar sets of minis, but I'd be interested to see if 'X-Wing' wave 3 or the next two waves 'Attack Wing' change the picture, any. So contest will go through the expected availability of each of these - to October 31.
- [+] Dice rolls